Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

For me Chester is one of the most respected players in the squad. If Johnstone is good enough for him that is good for me. I certainly do think he has got better as season went on.

Id take him back on loan for another 12 months. Would prefer Adrian though on a free

I've always like Kieran Westwood. Used to watch him when he was at Cov.

He didn't look that great this season when I've seen him but I think he'd be a decent option.

“The type of character he is, having been brought up at United, he has the right mentality.

The right mentality because you were bought up at Manchester United.

Lol.

The Ravel Morrison, Kieron Richardson, Man United youth mentality? Doesn't mean anything. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don't want this clown in goal next season. 

I'm not a big fan but he isn't as terrible as I thought. He did grow as the season went on. Furthermore for captain fantastic to publicly state how much he wanted him  back I trust our captain

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not a big fan but he isn't as terrible as I thought. He did grow as the season went on. Furthermore for captain fantastic to publicly state how much he wanted him  back I trust our captain

To be honest that fact that it is also another loan is quite annoying, either he could be shite as feared, or grow to be a good goalkeeper and piss off anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest that fact that it is also another loan is quite annoying, either he could be shite as feared, or grow to be a good goalkeeper and piss off anyway.

If we have to loan him due to ffp and we're intent on signing him permanently at some point, we should ask for an agreed fee/buy clause in this coming loan deal. 

Otherwise, as you say, he turns out great and then nobs off to another team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He's absolutely cack.

• Like 1

Describing him as cack is a tad hyperbolic.

sure, he had a shaky start but he's kept more clean sheets than a lot of our previous keepers and was playing well towards the latter end of his loan.

if it were a choice between Johnstone, bunn, steer, sarkic et al then Johnstone gets selected. 

Fwiw, He's better than guzan too.

he's a young keeper and needs more experience to become 'great'. Keepers generally get better with age and experience (there are the exceptions to that admittedly)

i agree there are plenty of keepers who are just as good and indeed better than Johnstone but he's certainly not cack. 

• Like 4

Looks like he's back next season. Fine by me. That's one position sorted, now we can concentrate on the other priorities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

he's a young keeper and needs more experience to become 'great'. Keepers generally get better with age and experience (there are the exceptions to that admittedly)  

.....get mentally destroyed

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

i agree there are plenty of keepers who are just as good and indeed better than Johnstone but he's certainly not cack. 

not cack but shite

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

he had a shaky start but he's kept more clean sheets than a lot of our previous keepers

That's hardly a fair way to measure the ability of a goalkeeper.

We are set up very defensively as a team, which means the goalkeeper gets less shots to save. Compare his shots per save ratio and I bet he's one of the worst in the league - even more so if you don't include shots directly at the keeper.

Â