Gareth Southgate

Richard

Dude's CV was basically getting Boro relegated and then doing nothing of note for the U21's other than finishing bottom of his group in the European championships. But yeah, he definitely should be the one to oversee the most talented squad in generations.

• Like 2

Politically attractive appointment that appeases politicians, the FA, non football fans who just come out for international tournaments because he seems really nice and keeps players’ sensitive egos happy. 

Football = unspeakably awful to watch and I won’t disrespect his achievements as credit where credit is due, but Christ alive I can’t handle much more of this. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He will “mutually” get moved to some technical director role when the FA decide to replace him in 15 years. He will make the call on the next manager and appoint Mason Mount.

Yep that's how I see it too

He'll also end up as one of England's best ever managers statistically and his Wikipedia page will be impressive, just dont watch football and he's a great manager 

I'll throw it out there too - he'll get a knighthood at some point in his life 

• Like 3

I don’t think he is going anywhere. The FA love him because he is a sycophantic suck up.  This will be it now until we fail really miserably at a major tournament. Which we won’t as we always ****house our way through everything and pip through with a Kane penalty here and there. 

Id rather us lose while playing attractive attacking football than this boring frustrating pedestrian pass about the back for what seems like forever sleep inducing nonsense football. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Final of the Euros, I've never known luck like it. 

Same as Bruce getting us to the Play Off Final.  You don't win it what's the point.

Safegate is now in the situation where the players are losing faith and any competent manger could come in and take this team to the promise land.

Potter, Howe, Deano they would all have us playing more expansive football.  Would they have the same luck who knows but I want excitement I want to dream.

What we have now is not good enough.

• Like 1

My hope is that he gets a PL club role after England… maybe Utd, Everton or Newcastle. And completely **** it and gets sacked after 6 months of losing games and giving press conferences about being a Euros finalist

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My hope is that he gets a PL club role after England… maybe Utd, Everton or Newcastle. And completely **** it and gets sacked after 6 months of losing games and giving press conferences about being a Euros finalist

Could imagine him (being a utd manager most likely) breaking world transfer record by buying Mason Mount for £100m plus 1p, so he can keep rubbing his legs over him, plus pissing super Jack for beating his British transfer record 

He really had no qualifications to be England manage did he. I mean what the hell!

Anyone think the players are getting bored of him? If you can read body language, Grealish in his post match interview, was just like "I do what the manager tells me". Didn't really seem like he believed in what Southgate wants him doing.

Has as been stated that one problem he has is lack of a  goalscorer apart from Harry Kane. I'm of the opinion that no matter how well Tammy Abraham has done at Roma he will never be a top class international striker. The football I  agree is dire, too many sideways and backward passes. Its too safe. We did have chances last night but Mount, Sterling and Abraham failed to convert them. Being a top class club manager doesnt neccessarily make you a good international manager.  A semi final of a world cup and a final of euros is progress, so lets judge him after the world cup in Qatar  and not this micky mouse event. 

Â