Gareth Southgate

Richard

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s an absolute joke. 

Sacking him now would be crazy. But you know what’s more crazy? This generation going trophy-less

He is costing us silverware 

Martinez has done similar at Belgium

I cant believe I have found a manager who is actually shitter than Martinez though the opposite way

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't even listen to Southgate. 

He was quoted as saying, "If I'm not wanted, I'll go". Let's see if he was being honest, because after that shambles, he most certainly isn't wanted by any England fan who cares.

That was as bad as I've seen from an England team, and I've seen some shockers. 

The BS has worked on many though!! 

The media suck him off because he's nice to them and give them access to players throughout tournaments.

Add that to England stumbling through incredibly easy games at the World Cup and Euros, and you get people in this thread only two weeks ago saying he'd be a PL manager after this!

He will never ever manage anyone ever again. Just like he didn't want to after Boro.

Lifetime nothing role at FA pretending he understands football.

• Like 1

Lot of people on twitter calling for Redknapp, I don't think Smith would be a bad choice, he and Grealish could possibly win the World Cup.

Best option if you want an English manager would probably be Steve Cooper.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The BS has worked on many though!! 

The media suck him off because he's nice to them and give them access to players throughout tournaments.

Add that to England stumbling through incredibly easy games at the World Cup and Euros, and you get people in this thread only two weeks ago saying he'd be a PL manager after this!

He will never ever manage anyone ever again. Just like he didn't want to after Boro.

Lifetime nothing role at FA pretending he understands football.

They didn't really want him as manager. They should have trusted their instincts. 

Now we're guaranteed another 4yr wait.

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Why’s that? I think he’d do a good job personally!

yep an Argentinian managing England would be a huge no go. If they played his family would probably get death threats

Just now, useless said:

Lot of people on twitter calling for Redknapp, I don't think Smith would be a bad choice, he and Grealish could possibly win the World Cup.

Best option if you want an English manager would probably be Steve Cooper.

You need a manager who has been there done it else the players wont respect you 

The one thing he has going was getting to the Euros final but its not actually looking great on paper with Italy massively struggling at the moment, conceding 5 tonight and not qualifying for the World Cup and  Donnarumma who won player of the tournament having a dreadful season

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You need a manager who has been there done it else the players wont respect you 

not true, Fernando Santos won the Euros with Portugal and he had an average managerial career before and was managing one of the best players ever

Everyone respects Cooper, he knows most of the younger players, and he's genuinley good coach with tactics, whereas Southgate is a Bruce type manager, only Bruce has been much more succesful than him. Big knows nothing gate is more akin to the likes of Pearce, and Ince as a manager.

Â