Gareth Southgate

Richard

I appreciate him giving caps to players, but all this experimental football for me is getting a bit boring, why bring in Justin Jones, he is obviously not good enough. He should know his first team now, please play it Southgate. He has as good as said today, there are no friendlies till Qatar so he is using the nations league as good, to try new players. There is no need, play the ***** team that is going to win you games.

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I appreciate him giving caps to players, but all this experimental football for me is getting a bit boring, why bring in Justin Jones, he is obviously not good enough. He should know his first team now, please play it Southgate. He has as good as said today, there are no friendlies till Qatar so he is using the nations league as good, to try new players. There is no need, play the ***** team that is going to win you games.

Kind of agree and disagree

He still must be around 5 squad players that he's not 100% on, right back is up for grabs because we have 2 great ones, left back is up for grabs because we dont have any, I can see why he wants to look at Justin, same for bowen, left wing we have loads of options but on the right there's a spot up for grabs because sancho hasn't nailed it down 

But then I can also see why he'd want to look at Tammy which he didn't, he's still desperately trying to find a home for Mason Mount and why he'd start **** about with CBs now is beyond me 

So he’s come out and said that he isn’t a negative manager and the England teams scores plenty,  but also said that “we are to reliant on Harry and Raheem and our third highest scorer Harry Maguire” it’s quite obvious that the majority of  goals would be coming from the only 2 forward  players on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Please get rid. He is killing my love of international football. If howe leaves newcastle i would get him in

Dean Smith would have been a good candidate 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He would have won the Euros at a canter. Just as many other managers would.

Unfortunately he’s tainted with relegation now and won’t stand a chance of landing that job until he rebuilds himself , the worst thing about Southgate is he has no desire to better himself, I genuinely believe he believes his own hype,  when he’s done with international management there is absolutely no way he steps out of his comfort zone to challenge himself at club level where actually being a manager or coach counts. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Did he really need to come out and say that the racist abuse after the Italy match will affect who he chooses as penalty takers in the future? 

Yup

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Did he really need to come out and say that the racist abuse after the Italy match will affect who he chooses as penalty takers in the future? 

Yep

And both the guardian and telegraph have said that he needs to win tonight because not in these exact words but England fans are assholes 

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can see him going to someone like Chelsea or Spurs in the next few years once England start to regress.

I don’t see it personally, I think if he moves to club management it’ll be a club like Palace, Fulham, maybe Everton. 

If he did well there then he might get a crack at a big job.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can see him going to someone like Chelsea or Spurs in the next few years once England start to regress.

What does England regression look like though? Not getting out of the group stages or losing in say the QFs? 

Because no matter how badly Southgate plays kane, sterling etc will score goals and get him out of the shit in too many games, there's no way with those attacking players he doesn't qualify for a tournament 

He leaves England when he's had enough, he's a job for lifer and even then he'll leave with a statistically great record and get a cushy number at the FA, they'll keep him until our Euros in 28 and then he'll do whatever role it was Trevor Brooking blagged at the FA for years, paid to be spotted by the TV cameras on FA Cup final day 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Southgate?!

There's absolutely no way he gets a job that good.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

And both the guardian and telegraph have said that he needs to win tonight because not in these exact words but England fans are assholes 

So you’re happy with him selecting penalty takers based on who’s least likely to be abused afterwards if they miss?

Isn’t that both counterproductive and letting the arseholes win? 

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What does England regression look like though? Not getting out of the group stages or losing in say the QFs? 

Because no matter how badly Southgate plays kane, sterling etc will score goals and get him out of the shit in too many games, there's no way with those attacking players he doesn't qualify for a tournament 

He leaves England when he's had enough, he's a job for lifer and even then he'll leave with a statistically great record and get a cushy number at the FA, they'll keep him until our Euros in 28 and then he'll do whatever role it was Trevor Brooking blagged at the FA for years, paid to be spotted by the TV cameras on FA Cup final day 

Trevor Brooking! Haha. What did he do?!

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If them teams were relegated into the Championship they might take a punt on him but that would be the only reason. He would be lucky to get offered a position at a yoyo team like Fulham or West Brom. He is less qualified than Steve Bruce

His club record is 3 seasons, a relegation and was not even had some low budget club as Boro gave him money to spend. 

Â