Gareth Southgate

Richard

This is where Southgate is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If he doesnt play Grealish then the usual suspect will be up in arms. If he does start him and he plays well and/or England get a result then the same people will be saying "we told you so". If he doesnt have a good game then it will be "Southgate doesnt know how to get the best out of him".

Whatever happens and whatever he does, he cant win. The fans moaning have no accountability. They arent the ones who have to face the media answering the questions. I'm not feeling sorry for him but he's backed himself into a corner now with no way out. Well other than winning the World Cup.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

This is where Southgate is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If he doesnt play Grealish then the usual suspect will be up in arms. If he does start him and he plays well and/or England get a result then the same people will be saying "we told you so". If he doesnt have a good game then it will be "Southgate doesnt know how to get the best out of him".

Whatever happens and whatever he does, he cant win. The fans moaning have no accountability. They arent the ones who have to face the media answering the questions. I'm not feeling sorry for him but he's backed himself into a corner now with no way out. Well other than winning the World Cup.

He shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it by refusing to play him when the whole country wanted him to start. As you say He backed himself in to this corner.  If he has no way out, its his own fault.

• Like 2

It'll be the end of a brilliant tough intense PL season that did it, best league in the world taking its toll

He won't go as far as to question the FA or UEFA as to why the **** these games are taking place though 

The masters will be happy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It'll be the end of a brilliant tough intense PL season that did it, best league in the world taking its toll

He won't go as far as to question the FA or UEFA as to why the **** these games are taking place though 

The masters will be happy 

He was happy with the Nations League when we got to the semis. 

I'd like to say I'll be happy when he's gone.

But it's going to take us failing to make it out the group stages in a major tournament (can't see that happening with Iran and USA in our world Cup group), which probably won't happen for another 3 years. By which time he'll be gone anyway.

If we did fail in the world Cup, it's a waste of a fantastic generation of footballers that will struggle 4 years down the line as we have no striker coming through even close to Kane's level. (Unless Archer......)

But more than any of that, you just know the FA will appoint the worst of the available options.

What a depressing state of affairs the national side is thanks to the FA and Southgate.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

What's Grealish got to do with anything?

These last three games have been very similar England performances to most games under him. Nothing has changed. We just haven't ratted the result.

You can't think he's a good football manager? Surely?

• Like 1

I've said it before but France, Germany, Spain and Italy the other big leagues have all won the Euros or/and The world cup the past 20 years. And for me the last Euros screamed it was finally our turn in the cycle especially with France out. But he couldn't even win us that.. And now we're heading to the world cup soon and we should win that too but its blatent we won't. 

He's literally wasted our true 'golden era' of success. It's actually reasonably upsetting that it's something you should be looking back on and thinking I remember that and I was there moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I've said it before but France, Germany, Spain and Italy the other big leagues have all won the Euros or/and The world cup the past 20 years. And for me the last Euros screamed it was finally our turn in the cycle especially with France out. But he couldn't even win us that.. And now we're heading to the world cup soon and we should win that too but its blatent we won't. 

He's literally wasted our true 'golden era' of success. It's actually reasonably upsetting that it's something you should be looking back on and thinking I remember that and I was there moment. 

I wouldn't go that far. It's going to be wild card world cup because of the temperature and where it is.

But your overall point I agree with. Bruce would be better in charge.

I posted this on June 2nd. I'm just going to keep posting it until he's gone.

He's a big nosed tunk sprumket and I can't stand the fecker. The sooner he's gone the better, for someone who could unleash the attacking power of this current generation of England players.

We are so BORING to watch and every time, EVERY TIME, he's faced a team with a decent coach and some players with pedigree he's FAILED and been shown up to be naive. The draw's at every competition he been at have been laughably kind.

And all of you who say that I'm irrational, and hold a grudge because he loves MIDDLESBOROUGH rather than play for us, come on then, 

delia-smith-lets-be-havin-you.gif

You bunch of Garth loving big nose fetishists.

ps the phrase "Big nosed" has been used 24 times in this thread (26 after this post.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Southgate has managed to make me feel sorry for Grealish again. The arrogance of the man, thinking his England side is a tactical step up from Smith’s Villa, let alone Guardiola’s City.

Yes this. I shout at the tele whenever he is talking about his tactics. But even worse , after basically saying Grealish isnt tactically aware to start he then starts him in the next game. I might have the tiniest amount of respect if he followed through with his convictions but he doesnt. He changes with the wind. 

• Like 1

Â