Gareth Southgate

Richard

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Southgate

" I, errrrr, told, the players at, half time. Not to let the, history, of the Germans, to......................., get in the way, of there talent. An to go out, and, play with freedom. Which is what, errrr, got us a end product, which is. Exceptable, considering the players, Germany have at there, disposal. Kane, got the goal, I didn't doubt him, he is a exceptional human being, which is what, we will need, when we go to Qatar.

😂

Did he really say this?

He’s the lottery winner’s football manager. How is this astute tactical awareness or talent at all? I had more advanced tactics at Sunday League. 

“At the start of the game, the challenge to the wide players is to attack, defend, try to score goals, a high tactical level and you’ve got to be spot on,” he said. “I think that’s an area Jack can get better at.”

Edited by The_Steve
  • Haha 2

I mean, it's beyond words quite honestly. That comment about Jack Grealish is pathetic.

Imagine Klopp with this squad. Hell imagine Big Ron even today. I know he has a few defenders on here because of getting to the semis and finals in the last two competitions but surely even they can see that he's full of shit and really wasting this squad. 

Why not play to our strengths?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s the lottery winner’s football manager. How is this astute tactical awareness or talent at all? I had more advanced tactics at Sunday League. 

“At the start of the game, the challenge to the wide players is to attack, defend, try to score goals, a high tactical level and you’ve got to be spot on,” he said. “I think that’s an area Jack can get better at.”

He thinks his system requires a unheralded level of tactical knowledge on a players behalf. The delusion boring bastard 

• Like 1

I see Southgate's England as a national equivalent to Pep's team. In fact, a 3rd of his team is the same team that Pep operates with at man city. 

The very best players on the planet.

So I expect to see England dominating. Passing the ball around for fun. Scoring loads. Making teams scared. 

Some people call Pep a fraud. What does that make Gareth, if he has a squad of the same/similar ability players and does that

• Like 1

I think he’s starting to lose the squad with his bizarre tactics and comments. 
Last night there was one stage when he went to bring on Reece James, Southgate then had a chat with James who sat down. You could see Mount say something to James I’m guessing along the lines of “What’s he saying to you” and James shrugged his shoulders as if to say **** knows…. Obviously this is all conjecture on behalf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think he’s starting to lose the squad with his bizarre tactics and comments. 
Last night there was one stage when he went to bring on Reece James, Southgate then had a chat with James who sat down. You could see Mount say something to James I’m guessing along the lines of “What’s he saying to you” and James shrugged his shoulders as if to say **** knows…. Obviously this is all conjecture on behalf

I've hear an even more bizarre theory (can someone please confirm if this is right?) that you can make 5 subs, but in 3 subs slots. So Gareth wanted to get Reece James on, but he run out of sub slots and didn't realise.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I've hear an even more bizarre theory (can someone please confirm if this is right?) that you can make 5 subs, but in 3 subs slots. So Gareth wanted to get Reece James on, but he run out of sub slots and didn't realise.

That was a rule during covid times... not sure if its still in force on the international stage. Could well be possible. 

Doing a great job is Bignose, leave him alone.

He's not picking Villa players, therefore they cannot get injured or be scapegoats.

He's doing it for us!

• Haha 2

He is completely unqualified to manage England, the fact he is England manager shows how low International football is regarded in the wider world, and when he leaves the job he will not be offered a job in the Prem's top 14 teams.

32 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

“all of them” - Gareth

It can be done....predict this back 8 against Italy with Philips injured:

Rice    James

Trippier                                    TAA

Maguire Stones Walker 

Pickford

• Haha 1

I think the media are turning. That quote that Grealish don't defend enough hasn't gone down well. You ain't Pep Gareth, stop treating the players like you are. There is no need for Grealish to defend when everyone else is, even your main striker.

Also that he is not giving Tammy a go. If Kane gets injured, who's will be ready to cover in Qatar, if no other striker is getting any game time?

He is showing he is a poor manager, an poor tactician who lacks bottle, an I do think the players are getting bored with him Give him a midtable managers job next season like Crystal palace, an I truely believe he would relegate them.

• Like 2

Â