Gareth Southgate

Richard

1 minute ago, useless said:

Everyone respects Cooper, he knows most of the younger players, and he's genuinley good coach with tactics, whereas Southgate is a Bruce type manager, only Bruce has been much more succesful than him. Big knows nothing gate is more akin to the likes of Pearce, and Ince as a manager.

I think that's a bit of a disservice

Southgate tickled their bollocks, gave them confidence and made it fun, after years of hearing players complaining about not wanting to be there he created a great environment 

His problem is that he's never built on that, he's now integrated more and more quality in to the squad but not actually got any better, how do you keep them confident with such negative football? I think the player revolt is coming, they know they're better than his football

And if you take away the smiles what else has he got? Nothing 

Bruce, Ince, Pearce etc are all throw back managers who i don't think would get through to these players 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Everyone respects Cooper, he knows most of the younger players, and he's genuinley good coach with tactics, whereas Southgate is a Bruce type manager, only Bruce has been much more succesful than him. Big knows nothing gate is more akin to the likes of Pearce, and Ince as a manager.

Yes but Southgate has played at the highest level and was in the euro 96 team so has the respect of the players because hes been there done it. You may not think thst matters but i think it does with these super inflated egos. 

I suspect that when Southgreat leaves England his managerial trajectory will follow a similar path to that of Chris Coleman after he left Wales, might get a relatively decent job to begin with but will eventually fade away.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Deano in charge to get the blistering form back out of Grealish. Think Grealish and Kane surrounded by 9 more 8/10 players should make a good fist out of winning the WC. I mean they have to right?

I was thinking this watching that game. Would love to see Deano in charge. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Deano in charge to get the blistering form back out of Grealish. Think Grealish and Kane surrounded by 9 more 8/10 players should make a good fist out of winning the WC. I mean they have to right?

He's cost himself any sniff of that by going to Norwich the wally.

Would be an incredible England manager. If you include the Euros just gone he'd win at least two of the four majors between 2021 and 2026.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

I actually can't believe that he brought Maguire on for Saka to keep the scoreline down at 3-0. Genuinely worse than I thought he was capable of

and it failed :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sean Dyche is available

I hope this isn't a piss take.

If it is I'd always suggest Phil Brown.

If it isn't I'd love to see Dyche give England a go. Not sure we've any better names floating about, Burnley were capable of fast paced albeit rigid football sometimes. At least we'd have a plan 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think that's a bit of a disservice

Southgate tickled their bollocks, gave them confidence and made it fun, after years of hearing players complaining about not wanting to be there he created a great environment 

His problem is that he's never built on that, he's now integrated more and more quality in to the squad but not actually got any better, how do you keep them confident with such negative football? I think the player revolt is coming, they know they're better than his football

And if you take away the smiles what else has he got? Nothing 

Bruce, Ince, Pearce etc are all throw back managers who i don't think would get through to these players 

He gets pelters for playing defensive football so puts out a more attacking experimental team. We get battered and he then blames too many attacking players and too many young players. 

Saka 20 Geuhi 21 Ramsdale 21 Gallager 22 Bellingham 19 . Foden 21 Mitchell 21 7 players who still qualify for the U21s still. ( i think thats their age anyway) 

He also had Greenwood in before he went all rapey. Smith Rowe has also been in the full squad. 

This is on you Gareth. You promote players too quickly that do not have the experience . Its always flavour of the month . Saying Mings was behind Geuhi amd Tomori when his leadership skills would be vital with 4 quick games in succession was a total shitshow. 

You pick them too quickly and too early . 

They should play through the age levels with only truly exceptional players playing above their age group. 

Look at the age of the succesful teams in England. At Liverpool the only young players are Harvey Elliot and Curtis Jones and TTA The rest are 24 and over

At City it will be Haaland and Foden who are the youngsters playing a lot of matches. The rest are late 20s early 30s. 

These are seasoned tough pros . Who can fight back in games. Just like Citeh did against us. No chance that Southgate managing that day would have done that. 

I don't know if this is fully accurate, haven't checked.

But from memory it probably is quite accurate.

This is apparently a list of teams Gareth Southgate has beaten as England manager in competitive fixtures.

Has any England manager ever had as favourable a set of fixtures?

World Cup qualifiers

Malta
Scotland
Lithuania
Malta
Slovakia
Slovenia
Lithuania

World Cup groups
Tunisia
Panama
Colombia
Sweden.

Euro qualifiers
Czech Republic
Macedonia
Bulgaria
Kosovo
Montenegro
Kosovo

World Cup Qualifiers
San Marino
Albania
Poland

Euros
Croatia
Czech Republic
Germany
Ukraine
Denmark

World Cup qualifiers
Hungary
Andora
Andora
Albania
San Marino.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I don't know if this is fully accurate, haven't checked.

But from memory it probably is quite accurate.

This is apparently a list of teams Gareth Southgate has beaten as England manager in competitive fixtures.

Has any England manager ever had as favourable a set of fixtures?

World Cup qualifiers

Malta
Scotland
Lithuania
Malta
Slovakia
Slovenia
Lithuania

World Cup groups
Tunisia
Panama
Colombia