The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

We really really really need to improve. We are not going to catch Brighton or Newcastle. We are now 11 points behind Huddersfield and Reading and 10 behind Leeds.

We are then competing for the last spot against the likes of Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham. These teams when they win are brushing teams aside comfortably, we are scraping through with 1-0 wins against quite frankly poor sides.

Just can't see it happening right now, especially with us losing Kodjia this month, I can really see us losing ground which we haven't shown we can recover.

I think it's only our name that keeps media and some fans with a sense of self entitlement think we'll make the playoffs. We are a poor outfit. Midfield is dreadful. Not happening this year, and before anyone says there is 20 odd games left, let me ask are you confident Aston Villa, this Villa side can go on a Leeds type run which they have to do. ? 

Could still do it if we have a good January but I'm more hoping that we can consolidate and push on next season. We didn't recruit well enough in the summer and RDM did too much damage at the start of the season.

It looks like a battle for sixth at best. It is really congested and although we are 12th we are only 3 points off 8th, five off 7th and seven off 6th.

This transfer window is huge. New keeper, two new centre mids needed at minimum and possibly a forward.

With twenty one games still to go I am not throwing the towel in yet but we need to string 3 or 4 wins together fast.

• Like 2

Totally depends on what we do this window, we need a new central midfield and a keeper, you could argue that a right back and striker should also be on the radar. Play offs is possible but conditional only on correcting the utter shit heap that is our midfield.

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Even if we somehow made the playoffs does anyone really think we would then go on to win them ?

Can't see it myself. 

If we make playoffs then we will need a string of 4-5 wins in a row at least, which should mean our performances have improved. So yes, if we make playoffs from this position it must mean the team has improved dramatically. Which is not gonna happen XD

Edited by Alakagom

As I said in the match thread, it's only January 2nd.  We're continually making things difficult for ourselves though but reaching the playoffs is not out of our hands yet.  We desperately need to improve and to out-think the likes of Cardiff is going to be more difficult than people expect.