The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

9 minutes ago, limvillian said:

How sad are we though. As fans. Here talking and worrying about the result and the predicament our club is in hours after full time when the players who get played an absolutely ridiculous amount of money to play for the club have already forgotten about the result and are probably dancing and laughing on the bus home or having a beer. How very sad the world of football has become. 

Thats life. We was never going to go up. The team was unbalanced from last season and I have seen nearly every game this season and not once have we looked like a team, just a disjointed bunch of individuals. Their combined talent should be enough but when they try and play together were sadly lacking and that been apparent from watching them play, a few lucky wins and some individual moments of brilliance have kept us in it.

If I'm honest promotion with anymore than 50% of the players we had start today would mean immediate relegation with barely a win. UTV

Edited by tinker
im a clearing in the woods
  • Like 3

On 03/01/2017 at 20:43, John said:

Did it myself yesterday and had us ending the season on 78 points in 6th place getting into the play-off's on goal difference as well. I hope we are both proved right! :thumb:  

I gave us a point at Wolves when I did the Sports Predictor so we need another point from our remaining games to make up the shortfall which I would not have thought was beyond us if we make the signings we need. I have to admit however that each point dropped makes the top 6 less likely and as a result the players we want less likely to want to join us. As for next season and our hopes of staying up should we get promotion this year I will cross that bridge when/if we come to it and after we have brought in new players in this and the next window.  

• Like 2

Three new midfielders and Kodjia & Ayew returning from ACoN will help. It's all about our uncompetitive midfield. Get that right and we will click.

my biggest disappointment iother than the January defeats, is the lack of signings despite the clubs new infrastructure. Every game counts and we have lost impetus now because of this and the ACoN.

5 minutes ago, trekka said:

Game over this season. It's all about getting it right for next season now.  

200.gif#81

Agree that's why if the right players aren't available we wait. We have to build a team, that's what every other side we face have that we don't.

I also have to say that the Mario gif represents us this season.  We had a high when we performed well (e.g. vs Brighton) and the league started to take notice. Since then, we've not consolidated and in fact, have gone downhill again (which is worrying).  I trust Steve to get it right but he (as we all know) has a huge task ahead of him.  Patience and proper planning is the key here if we're to make a proper push next season.  

It's not the end of the world and we knew it was a big ask to come straight back up. In reality we was a championship side whilst we was in the prem and nothing has changed this season apart from us being in the right division. Next season is HUGE. We need to clear all the cobwebs and baggage this season while we can so we are ready for next season. 

• Like 4

Still well within the play off hunt, I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face, this league can change dramatically one week to the next, 10 points is barely anything to make up once we have our transfer targets all signed up. Don't give up hope yet.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not the end of the world and we knew it was a big ask to come straight back up. In reality we was a championship side whilst we was in the prem and nothing has changed this season apart from us being in the right division. Next season is HUGE. We need to clear all the cobwebs and baggage this season while we can so we are ready for next season. 

I like a lot of remarks in this post, however I'll go one further and say we were more like a league one side in the premier league last season, still got a lot of league one standard players in the squad too sadly.

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I like a lot of remarks in this post, however I'll go one further and say we were more like a league one side in the premier league last season, still got a lot of league one standard players in the squad too sadly.

Possibly right. that team last season would of done very well to stay out of a championship relegation battle imo. 

15 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Still well within the play off hunt, I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face, this league can change dramatically one week to the next, 10 points is barely anything to make up once we have our transfer targets all signed up. Don't give up hope yet.

10 points is a huge gap and there's plenty of teams between us and 6th place. 

Since Bruce has arrived we've closed the playoff gap by 1 point. It's a massive ask to make the playoffs from where we are now. 

It would require the sort of winning form that this club probably hasn't seen since MON was here.