The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope no chance at all this year given up all hope now after tidbits pathetic result. We heed a few more winners at the club at the moment two many losers like gardwood

but what teams want to let go of winners?.....you have to pick them up from the lower leagues or breed them in your academy.

anybody any good, clubs want over inflated prices....thats where we have tripped up so many times in the past.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It's not just about spending another £50M or more. We were 'outplayed' by Burton ffs. At some point you have to start developing an actual game plan as well. 

You are right about the money and yes Burton out grafted us....Cardiff out muscled us, perhaps Leeds too.

but players with the right mental attitude with modest talent would be a start......at least we would have something to build on.

Game plans are all well and good and I am not knocking them....but when players fail to apply the basics in their game.....plans and strategies go out the window.

sorry, but some of our lot ain't got the basic ingredients to play at this level....its harsh, but true.

• Like 3

I think if most fans had a quite open moment with SB.....you would be shocked what he says about our team.

but he can't.....he has to keep a stiff upper lip,  a brave face and work to put it right in a discreet way.

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I did the SportsPredicter a month or so ago

I was trying to be as objective as possible

Just checked it again with the Norwich loss - 1pt from 2x v Leeds & Cardiff loss

Amazed

We were 6th on GD 2 more than SheffW

So I still have hope

Did it myself yesterday and had us ending the season on 78 points in 6th place getting into the play-off's on goal difference as well. I hope we are both proved right! :thumb:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just honestly cannot see it happening this year- much as it pains me to say it I really don't believe we are remotely good enough. This does not mean I won't be willing us on every step of the way and strange things happen in football - so I'll go with the blind faith until it's no longer possible.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

our inability to win away games and not put away the home teams will cost us

especially now with just McCormack, Gabby up top for a month. Gestede was a poor sale at this time

Are you saying not winning games won't get us promoted? I wish our managers knew  this at the start of the season

Bottom team pulling away from the pack, not a good day even though few teams above lost. 

Edited by Alakagom

Yep, write this season off and start afresh next year with another new squad!

We are no way good enough to get into the play offs unless something changes dramatically.

I still believe in Bruce. He just needs time.