January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

51 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It has been confirmed that rumoured Aston Villa target Daryl Horgan will play his last game for Dundalk tonight whereafter he will immediately become a free agent available for transfer.

Who's that?

The stories about Bruce being in for a keeper in January just keep coming.  If it was a one off then you could cite press laziness but I'm beginning to think there's no smoke without fire.  Gollini's recent mistake will only intensify the rumours.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

The stories about Bruce being in for a keeper in January just keep coming.  If it was a one off then you could cite press laziness but I'm beginning to think there's no smoke without fire.  Gollini's recent mistake will only intensify the rumours.

The problem is its becoming 1 a game.....and when its does'nt happen we have all been anxious, waiting for it.

13 hours ago, BOF said:

The one thing Bruce has shown so far is a huge preference for experience over youth. Tish dropped,  Westwood in,  RHM not in squads etc. 

I have no issues with this. Steve is the man,  he will live or die by his decisions and they have been mainly very very sound so far. 

The keeper situation is out of his hands to date,  he has had to play our young inexperienced keeper because the alternatives are also inexperienced and not to put to finer point on it poor. 

I think Gollini has huge potential but was extemely concerned from the time he came about his inexperience in a very key campaign for us and whilst his errors seemed to have calmed down it was back with a bang against dirty Leeds. 

I'm would not be surprised and not be objectionable to Steve bringing in a solid unspectacular experienced keeper in January. 

Ulloa could be woth a shout, even if only on loan for the rest of the season and mainly as cover for the african nations players. He isn't playing at Leicester and has come out saying he will leave if he isn't getting more playing time. doubt he is on huge money and always seems to work hard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ulloa could be woth a shout, even if only on loan for the rest of the season and mainly as cover for the african nations players. He isn't playing at Leicester and has come out saying he will leave if he isn't getting more playing time. doubt he is on huge money and always seems to work hard

The worry being that since he hasn't played much in a while (92 minutes in the league so far this season according to Transfermarkt) he might need some time to get back into form.

We need someone who will fire from the get go when our players are off to the AFCON, not a month later when they are returning.

But as you say he's hard working, but they'd probably wan't to keep him as cover if Slimani is off to the AFCON with Algeria.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-player-12295482?service=responsive

Aston Villa transfer news: Player deal agreed and one more on way - Steve Bruce

Aston Villa are closing in on a double January swoop, boss Steve Bruce has revealed.

The identities of both players have not yet been disclosed, although it’s thought that one of the new arrivals will be a goalkeeper.

Bruce said today that he had ‘verbally agreed’ a move for one target and has almost agreed another.

“I already have one I hope in the bag, verbally. That will be good for us,” he said.

“By this afternoon I possibly could have two, which would be a really good addition to us.”

It’s thought that the management team are keen to strengthen the goalkeeping department with No.1 Pierluigi Gollini still developing and Mark Bunn currently out injured.

Bruce is also keen to boost the spine of his team with potential movement at centre-back and centre-midfield in times ahead.

I knew he'd be after a keeper and this is potentially good news, Gollini just isn't reliable. I hope the other player is a more creatively minded central midfielder. But of course with ACON coming up we are going to need to strengthen out wide too. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I wonder who these players are. I think Trent said he wouldnt be suprised if huddlestone was a target a month or so ago. would take him at this level for sure. Guessing other is that hull keeper we were linked with recently 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder who these players are. I think Trent said he wouldnt be suprised if huddlestone was a target a month or so ago. would take him at this level for sure. Guessing other is that hull keeper we were linked with recently 

Which one? Jakupovic?

On 12/8/2016 at 11:14, HanoiVillan said:

Irish guy who's been playing well in Europe. Is considered a prospect (because everyone dreams of finding the next Seamus Coleman). 

This might be a TWD spoiler, but I don't believe Daryl will ever be a Savior.

Good with the cross thou... 

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Goalie is probably Macgregor IMO.

Bit of a gamble signing a 34 (almost 35) y.o who's just missed 6 months from a severe back injury.

Might be a solid back up to replace Bunn thou.