January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Havent seen Lansbury very often but he seems to me that he is a good player when the team is playing well but would infuriate you if the game is going against you

When we played Forest earlier in the season, he scored one of their goals, and heavily assisted in the other. He was an absolute pest all game. If it wasnt for him, we would have definitely walked away with 3 points. The rumour that he may be about to sign another contract with Forest doesnt surprise me, as he has that other annoying attribute. Loyalty.

On 01/12/2016 at 15:51, AshVilla said:

Watson would be an uninspiring signing

31 years of age, bang average, a good professional but no x-factor whatsoever we may as well persist with Westwood 

But is he a model professional? It's really important that he is.

43 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

After watching him person tonight, no not in my view. I've changed my mind not the player we need.

I think he has some of the attributes we need, but he doesn't seem to have a good temperament - also drifts in and out of games. I'm undecided on him because of that.

I hope we look outside the Championship for new recruits in January.

The general standard in this league is terrible and those players that do stand out are comically overpriced.

From what I've read about Lansbury (and the very little I've seen) he's quite inconsistent and a bit full of himself. Good on his day at Championship level thou.

Rather recall Veretout if possible than spend £7-10 m on Lansbury, but I hope we have other targets.

Think Veretout would see it as punishment if he had to come back.  

He couldn't get away quick enough in the summer -as opposed to us forcing him out.

Good player, but we need to be looking at different options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Think Veretout would see it as punishment if he had to come back.  

He couldn't get away quick enough in the summer -as opposed to us forcing him out.

Good player, but we need to be looking at different options. 

I think Id see it as punishment if veretout came back 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

I hope we look outside the Championship for new recruits in January.

The general standard in this league is terrible and those players that do stand out are comically overpriced.

From what I've read about Lansbury (and the very little I've seen) he's quite inconsistent and a bit full of himself. Good on his day at Championship level thou.

Rather recall Veretout if possible than spend £7-10 m on Lansbury, but I hope we have other targets.

Lansbury isn't worth that and wouldn't cost that.

As for the quality in the league it is limited but if we found a CM of the same quality as Kodjia I'd be happy for us to pay the same sort of money to get them.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Lansbury isn't worth that and wouldn't cost that.

As for the quality in the league it is limited but if we found a CM of the same quality as Kodjia I'd be happy for us to pay the same sort of money to get them.

I thought he signed a new contract with them?

But if he hasn't, your right he won't cost that much.

All of our efforts should go on finding 2 or 3 quality midfielders, i dont care if nothing else happens, the midfield is a must.