January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He was excellent against us, really really good best player on the park in fact. According to A couple of their fans who I know that was head and shoulders his best performance and owes much to RDM and his 'tactics' but the boy has ability.

Yes I remember, ran the show. We gave him far too much space, but he was equally adept at making space for himself. I've seen him another time and he stood out also hence he peaked my interest. 

I wonder if Bruce has an eye on shipping anyone out. Gestede?McCormack perhaps? Will he even need to sell to buy or would it be a question of making space for new signings? 

It'll be an interesting month that's for sure. 

Edited by One For The Road

When we played Forest, Lansbury was easily their best player, and played exactly like the player we are missing in our lineup. He is a cunning shit. I like him.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

I think a defender and a midfielder be enough business in January and we need add quality not quantity at moment.

while a bit premature but if we were to bounce back up we need do add to quality of what we have.  at moment the following are whoI think could hack it in Premier League

Grealish

Kodjia

Amavi

Jedinak

Chester

maybe Gollini, Adomah and Baker could do a job as well

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think a defender and a midfielder be enough business in January and we need add quality not quantity at moment.

while a bit premature but if we were to bounce back up we need do add to quality of what we have.  at moment the following are whoI think could hack it in Premier League

Grealish

Kodjia

Amavi

Jedinak

Chester

maybe Gollini, Adomah and Baker could do a job as well

I agree with most of this, though we already know Ayew can 'do a job' too and there are others who could be capable squad depth members, such as Bacuna. 

Generally, while we're lacking a bit of depth even at this level, quality has to be the way forward. A centre mid, somebody with upside like Lansbury and a right back would be my preference too. We'd have to be extremely lucky to get somebody of the potential of Amavi, so just a right back who can actually play a bit of football would be nice.

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Certainly agree that we need quality over quantity. I'd like a RB, a winger, a backup keeper, amd another CB. But offer me 2 decent midfielders and forget about the rest.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

From what I hear Lansbury is keen to sign a new deal at Forest.

All that means is that Forest would get a bit more money. Delph signed a contract with us and moved not long after.  Not saying we will be signing Lansbury just that contracts aren't worth much

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Richard said:

All that means is that Forest would get a bit more money. Delph signed a contract with us and moved not long after.  Not saying we will be signing Lansbury just that contracts aren't worth much

I agree contracts mean little and Neither does the word of footballers. Just passing on what is being said locally I guess.

I'm not sure we've actually been linked with him in the media in any case. I think the talk on here mainly stems from me and a few others saying he would be a good fit.

I'm looking forward to watching him in person tomorrow against Newcastle.

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Could Lansbury shine in the Premiership though? That is the question we need to be asking for all signings in January if we are in a realistic position for 2nd place or the playoffs come May...

This a thousand times i've stressed. Sod buying top quality "championship" ceiling players now.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This a thousand times i've stressed. Sod buying top quality "championship" ceiling players now.

The difficulty is we need to actually be in a position where we look like we could go up to attract PL quality players.

If we can get even closer to the playoffs by January I think we'll be fine with this though.