January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Jenkinson, a keeper (preferably more experienced), a box-to-box midfielder (assuming Tshibola is out of favour which he seems to be) and a passing/possession-style midfielder would be a cracking window for us. 

Also think we should be signing a striker since we're losing so many to Africa. Let's utilise the loan market well for once.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Wenger and Bruce had a good relationship during his time at Small Heath when he borrowed the likes of Bendtner and Seb Larrson.

Bruce also loaned Chuba Akpom from them last season at Hull. Seems him and Wenger have always got on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

I'm sure Jenkinson filled in at CB a few times in the past for the Gooners so maybe Bruce sees him as an option for his versatility. I'd welcome that decision if the rumours are true. 

I think Wenger rates him, but his inconsistency has lead to media criticism which has possibly lead to him to have some poor games....its hard to get your confidence back in a team trying to WIN the prem....the pressure is on.

It could be win/win for him and us.

I've been Saying Jenkinson for months. Hutton does OK at this level but he is awful going forward he just about OK at defending but not much else. Jenkinson is some one I think we could get permanent as well if we go up the same goes for McCarthy. These are exactly the loans we should be looking at. Good PL players that aren't getting much game time. 

I know the point of loans is to help the player build back up their confidence and get some regular gametime, but Jenkinson seemed to be in a pretty bad way recently, when Wenger publicly told the media he would be leaving him out of the squad while he got some confidence back. 

I think he'd do well for us if he was feeling positive, but Bruce is going to have to get the psychologist on him. 

How many loans are we allowed from premiership clubs? 

Jenkinson would be a great signing. Johnstone would be fine as back up. 

A top centre midfielder and a forward to cover African cup of nations and that would be a great window. 

Edited by nnock1984

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Must be the only one that doesn't rate Jenkinson. Might be good at this level though and that's all that matters now I guess. 

FWIW I actually don't think he's all that good in the Premier League but for where we are he'd be an improvement on Hutton.

4 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I like Jenkinson and he can play CB as well.

McCartney in Jan and Izzy Brown in the summer, that'll be the midfield sorted.

I would love that young Dutch lad from Ure the CB.....top quality

"Its a long and winding road"........but we will get there:)

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

It's highly unlikely to happen but I'd love it if we're to get Jenkinson, Johnstone, Schlupp & McCarthy. IMO they would balance our squad and really help us to push for second. One can dream, 

Is that Sam Johnstone and Alex McCarthy?