January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

23 minutes ago, KSV said:

Bit of an overreaction. Its a speculation thread.. someone mentioned it and i replied. Anyway.. it would be funny to see them come back to see the furor of our fans. But i think they would be awesome that their would be a 180 with them winning over the support. The way Bruce has. Would be able to get them on loan at best. They will still get their obscene wages. 

By thw way 'playing' is a bit of a stretch :D

Delph 2 appearances

Young 2 appearances

True.  But speculation about signing Young and Delph is just plain nonsense. If they were to leave their respective clubs then Everton or Southampton would be my guess. Not a Championship club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

True.  But speculation about signing Young and Delph is just plain nonsense. If they were to leave their respective clubs then Everton or Southampton would be my guess. Not a Championship club.

yeah look your probably right..  but does anyone need them? especially Young? I think Young is finished at the top level now. Delph may get a bottom half premier league team interested. 

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Decent shout. Doubt West Ham would let him go though. 

rumours that they are after a new number 1 and Rudolph has been ahead of Adrian lately. So he would be number 3 in January? But as you said previously.. he may be another that may have higher placed suitors. 

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I was actually joking re Delph, which is why i said 'unrealistic' at the time.  I just wanted to see the reaction to it!  

Can see us going for allan mcgregor if he is fit in January. Perfect back up/competition for Gollini. Experienced, knows Bruce and the league and can't see him displacing Marshall at Hull. Liam would suit all parties. 

Cant see Southampton letting him go but Alex McCarthy could be another good option. 

As to our midfield dilemma I've said it before but I'd love us to go for McCarthy at Everton and Alan judge from Brentford. 

23 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't care that Young left us for United. United were clearly better than us, and he was going to be starting for them. Young definitely made the most of his time there and managed to make a bit more money as well. He also gave us one more year than we thought he would. It's Delph that I really dislike. When the rumors started that he was off to City and was even pictured at their training ground, I did not dislike him for it. Even though it was painfully obviously City only wanted Delph because we was a cheap way for City to have enough English players, it was still a good step up and he likely would have been playing a similar role Milner did. BUT the fact that Delph had the balls to come back and say he is staying and how this is his club, then do a complete 180 and go back to City, that's unforgivable. 

Both would have most lower prem teams after them, West Ham would be interested in Young and D*lph I reckon for a start.

That's the thing you have to remember...we aren't a prem team for now so I don't see why either would drop down a division when they'd be prem team interested in them.

Players I'd be making enquiries for in January:

Benik Afobe- Only a sub at Bournemouth but was ripping up this division 18 months ago for Wolves.

Bakary Sako- Same as Afobe.

Havard Nordveit- Really struggled at West Ham but he was a good player at 'Gladbach so surprised he hasn't been great so might be a loan option.

Charlie Adam- The goalscoring midfielder we need. Getting a regular game for Stoke though so unlikely.

Mason Holgate- Decent player but very much back up to Seamus Coleman.

Damien Delaney- Not played a huge amount for Palace this season but solid defender.