January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Keyblade said:

Never really rated Jenkinson myself, but he is a massive improvement over Hutton and quite a good player at this level too if i'm being honest. Would be a superb signing.

I think he's a more than decent premier league player, so if he wants to drop down to The Championship, that's fine by me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hutton has lead such a charmed life that I can see Jenkinson getting a season ending injury in his first game for us.

:) I think Hutton is more than decent for where we are, he's one of my favourite players for what it's worth, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100%. I also think that Jenkinson would be an upgrade, although it'll probably be on loan if at all

• Like 3

4 hours ago, guyavfc said:

If we managed to get McCarthy in Jan then it would be an unbelievable coup at this level. I just don't see it though. Maybe in the summer if we manage to get promoted and even then it would be a class signing.

Loan with a view to permanent if we get promoted is not unlikely imo. Its only for 6 months.. he gets regular game time and if we get promoted.. we will kick on under the Dr. He will get the same wages and if not an increase if we get promoted. 

I just hope if he does sign.. he is not the only one in midfield. We need a creative force in midfield who can score goals too. 2 midfielders is a must. 

Jedinak McCarthy and a Lansbury type midfielder. Guess we could always use Jack Grealish there if we have McCarthy and Jedinak behind him. Just need some depth. 

James McCarthy would be a very uninspiring signing. Martinez (awful manager ) seemed to rate him very highly. Took koeman ( proper manager ) all of 2 minutes when he came in the door at Everton to see that McCarthy is a nothing player and honestly lads he is. Offers nothing defensively or offensively. Maybe they would like to give us back Gana, I'd be all for that. Btw im Irish so i should be biased but no McCarthy is a poor player.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

James McCarthy would be a very uninspiring signing. Martinez (awful manager ) seemed to rate him very highly. Took koeman ( proper manager ) all of 2 minutes when he came in the door at Everton to see that McCarthy is a nothing player and honestly lads he is. Offers nothing defensively or offensively. Maybe they would like to give us back Gana, I'd be all for that. Btw im Irish so i should be biased but no McCarthy is a poor player.

He's a solid bottom half Premier League player which means he'll be a good player at Championship level.

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

:) I think Hutton is more than decent for where we are, he's one of my favourite players for what it's worth, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100%. I also think that Jenkinson would be an upgrade, although it'll probably be on loan if at all

Ay, mid table in the foo*ing Champo!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I would put him on par with the likes of Cleverley and Delph. Good solid mid table PL player. Never going to set the world alight but good at everything, tactically astute. Would be delighted if we got him here. Would stroll this league.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/289316/aston-villa-launch-dramatic-10m-move-for-norwichs-ireland-international-star-robbie-brady/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-IrishSunSport-_-20161212-_-721321344

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is making a dramatic £10million move for Norwich City midfield magician Robbie Brady.

And Bruce will tempt Republic of Ireland star Brady to leave the Canaries with a £50,000-a-week contract offer that would make him one of the top-paid players in the Championship.

21 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hutton has been OK this season but he offers very little going forward. His decision making and final ball is shocking. I think he actually gets in Adomah's way aswell as he gallops into space before passing. Jenkinson on past form will be an upgrade and someone I think we can get permanent if we go up. When you've got Amavi one side and Hutton the other it's a big difference. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jareth said:

Hutton has lead such a charmed life that I can see Jenkinson getting a season ending injury in his first game for us.

Hutton will dig out his voodoo doll again

Brady is a player I like.

It does seem that any player Bruce has managed before (either at Hull or Sunderland) is getting linked; Cattermole, Snodgrass, Livermore, Huddlestone, et al

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1