January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Nigel said:

God id love Charlie Adam here...he'd be perfect IMO!

We've already got Jedinak, who is great at what he does, but is slow. We'd be destroyed by teams with quick players. Or just teams with players with good movement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

We've already got Jedinak, who is great at what he does, but is slow. We'd be destroyed by teams with quick players. Or just teams with players with good movement.

Jedinak and Adam are about the same as Hutton and Amavi!

Both full backs but thats about it!

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Just imagine if we got a decent young nippy replacement for Hutton, we haven't had ANY danger from that side of the pitch for gawd knows how long. 

Good 'danger' that is!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Lansbury or Huddlestone would be a dream. Or Tom Ince but I don't think he will come here now....

Would love to know who these verbal agreements are 

Lansbury isn't good enough in my view.

Think I've missed something, what verbal agreements?

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Bruce has come out saying we have one verbally agreed for Jan and could be 2 by end of this weekend? Could be loans but no mention of Wether that is the case or not?

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

SB has said according to the B/ mail......1 player verbally agreed, 1 close.

Steve Bruce is on the verge of making Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone his first signing at Aston Villa.

Bruce has moved for the former England under-20 international and is set to complete a deal before the January transfer window opens. Villa are in advanced talks with United over a loan deal and hope to take Johnstone for the remainder of the season after Bruce identified the signing of a new goalkeeper as a priority.

Pierluigi Gollini was signed for £4 million from Hellas Verona in the summer and has recovered from a difficult start under former manager Roberto Di Matteo to impress under Bruce. But the Villa manager is believed to hold concerns over Gollini's lack of Championship experience and his age, while No 2 goalkeeper Mark Bunn has recently been struggling with a knee injury.

Johnstone is highly rated by United and signed a new contract in October but Jose Mourinho is prepared to loan him out for the second half of the campaign.

The 23-year-old has had loan spells in the lower leagues but enhanced his reputation over the past two seasons at Preston North End. He played in the League One play-off final win over Swindon in May 2015 and had a second spell under Simon Grayson last season.

Bruce is also keen to sign a creative midfielder and a left-back in the January window after an excellent start since his appointment in October. “I will only bring in people now who will improve the squad dramatically,” he said. “In the past, if I am going to be critical, I don’t think that has been the case here.

“We have just brought in numbers and I think that is a mistake. If you only bring in numbers to fill up the squad then you don’t become better.”

Villa, meanwhile, have distanced themselves from a New Year move for Middlesbrough's Jordan Rhodes as they are targeting players in other positions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/10/man-utd-goalkeeper-sam-johnstone-wanted-steve-bruce-become-first/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

For me, Goalkeeper really isn't a priority this January. Desperately need midfield reinforcements. Also, we surely don't need a new left back?

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1