January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I'd like to see us sign quality full backs on both sides, and then push Amavi up into the left wing role. 

He's a very talented player but full back surely will not be his position moving forward. Looks to me like a poor man's Gareth bale the way his career is developing 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Lansbury, Hourihane and Huddlestone please. 

i agree with two of those three.  The fact that you add the third makes me question not only your opinion of the first two, but my own opinion of them as well !   ;) 

IMO our team is not as bad as it appears to be and our performances are not an accurate reflection of the quality we have. If we sign 2 or 3 decent midfielders and get a solid midfield in place then I believe the players around them will be able to flourish. Our defenders are under too much pressure but havent actually let in that many goals. I admit some of the goals we have conceded have been down to sloppy defending but if the opposing team have the freedom to keep walking through our midfield or even being passed the ball by our midfielders then eventually our defence is gonna slip up and make a mistake.

Our strikers are looking awful because they are not getting regular service and some people are doubting what Jack brings to the table because hes not being consistent but if he had a solid midfield behind/around him that can win the ball and play if forward he will really be able to do some damage and link midfield to attack.

I think Gabby, Gards, Westy, Hutton and Bacuna are not good enough but the rest will be good if we can bring in 2x CM, 1x LM (or LB and move Amavi up), 1x ST, 1x RB and 1x CB.

So, 5 names I dont think are good enough and 6 positions I think we need to buy better players for.

• Like 2

I don't think the defence is that bad. We have only conceded 3 goals once under RDM.

midfield is the big problem not enough players getting forward and creating chances. Our play is very predictable, balls to adomah and grealish nothing through the middle apart from some to side shit or taking the ball back in our own half. 

We need someone wNasty in the side like Lansbury to shape these wimps

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's Monday, half way through a transfer window and we just put in an awful performance at wolves. I expect some purchases to really start rolling in now.

I just hope we don't panic buy because of our lackluster performances.

51 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bruce won't do that. Think we'll see at least another three new signings ( two CMs and a RB) before the window shuts and all of those will go straight into the first team and improve it.

I also feel Villa need another striker and a central defender (to cover for Baker as Elphick is a mistake waiting to happen) but that may be asking too much for a January window?

• Like 1

On 14/01/2017 at 08:29, BOF said:

Yep I don't disagree, but I also don't necessarily see it as a negative from a footballing sense. Bring it on. Get some swagger in midfield and start behaving like the big club we keep telling people that we are. 

Exactly 

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

Too many random names linked to us at the moment for midfield, all slightly different moulds of players. What are we actually looking for? The recruitment policy seems just as bad, if not worse, than it ever has been. 

Gollini out, Johnstone in? Completely pointless, backwards step

Gestede out at the start of the month? At least wait until the 31st rather than allow us to suffer the attempts of Gabby and McCantScoreMack. 

Lots of young exciting talent? Better give them the opportunity to prove themselves and fight their way into the starting line up by bringing them on into a formationless side in the 91st minute. 

Need a new midfielder? Let's sign literally anyone who's played in the championship this season and scored twice or more, regardless of their role in midfield, overall form and fitness, age, contract status or general attitude 

Just what is going on? When is this amateur bull going to end? What does it take to get a few braincells working at Villa? 

I agree my scouting in fm16 seems to be more involved 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

annoyingly quiet for a monday morning.

Is that the scrape of two chairs being moved into place at Villa Park for a press conference later this afternoon and are those two spaces in the players car park set aside for cars that are shortly arriving from Nottingham and Barnsley? If only...

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So who is this Donkor fella?

#avfc are set to sign Anton Donkor from VfL Wolfsburg [Bild]

Anyone seen him play before?

He is a winger from the youth team at Wolfsburg. Never played for the first team and is probably coming in with an eye on the future as it's doubtful he will start for us. He is a German under 20 international too.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

The 19-year-old winger, full name Anton-Leander Donkor-Oppong, can play on either the right or left, but prefers the latter. He can even play through the middle.

Perfect replacement for Hutton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wouldn't mind a panic buy of the experienced talented player whose only dropping down a league because we are paying him stupid money and is too good for this league. Maybe Barry is the closet to this