January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FYI don't want everyone to think i'm an alchohoic for being on the Voddie so early and on the first day of the week. I'm currently on a visa run from Qatar to Bahrain so have a week to be irresponsible!

I'm sure there are a fair few people on this forum (I don't exclude myself from this) who should be having a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror before judging you for drinking. 

If you were a regular at spoons they'd wonder why you were so late starting. 

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny thing is, I actually thought the threat of being frozen out/dropped due to us hopefully signing new players would have inspired this lot to put on a performance against Wolves! It's becoming clear I overestimate these clearings in the woods! ( I am drinking vodka, staring to hate people). lol

I think its gone past motivation by managers.....until we get the new breed in, its just academic.

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Why would Cleverly have picked us over PL football? 

Matt Ritchie is an exception, not the rule. 

I'm glad cleverly has not landed with us....he's just on the way down, not on the way up.

anyway, we have tried that and it didn't work.

It winds me up no end that people still say to me "£15mil for Kodjia? World's gone mad" as if that is the barometer for how crazy the transfer market is, then don't seem bothered by someone bidding £10mil for tripe like Livermore. 

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The ever reliable "Agent Dave" thinks Rhodes, Lansbury and Hourihane all to sign very shortly.

Once we cross them off the list who can we go for?

Agent Dave with the scoops again. 

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Just been discussing our predicament with a glory hunter and have come to the conclusion that I wouldn't like Steve to bankroll a £100m signing spree this month as I genuinely feel we aren't good enough for the play offs or promotion at all tbh. I'd like him to get 2 or 3 in to steady the ship but give him the summer and a full pre season to really stamp his authority on this squad.

My sentiments entirely.....too many up and downs this season....tidy up,steady the ship and consolidate.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm glad cleverly has not landed with us....he's just on the way down, not on the way up.

anyway, we have tried that and it didn't work.

what a disaster it was getting to wembley with cleverley.. you must be overjoyed with the current midfield show vs wolves,,

no matter how you paint it tc is better than any midfield player we have & would make a impact in this league..that is some think  westie/jedi/bacuna/gardner/tish have not done ..fact ,just glance at the league & performances

2 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

what a disaster it was getting to wembley with cleverley.. you must be overjoyed with the current midfield show vs wolves,,

no matter how you paint it tc is better than any midfield player we have & would make a impact in this league..that is some think  westie/jedi/bacuna/gardner/tish have not done ..fact ,just glance at the league & performances

2 wrongs don't make a right.....the deduction you make is very much yours not mine.

I am not disagreeing with your appraisal that Cleverly is better than anything we have got....but in my view that is not saying much in my reckoning.

I was at Wembley too and thought it was a gutless attempt at a cup final.....one of the worst attempts i have witnessed at such a coveted day.....more fight in a feather duster.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It winds me up no end that people still say to me "£15mil for Kodjia? World's gone mad" as if that is the barometer for how crazy the transfer market is, then don't seem bothered by someone bidding £10mil for tripe like Livermore. 

World's gone mad when you spend close to that figure on McCormack.  What a flop he has been

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

World's gone mad when you spend close to that figure on McCormack.  What a flop he has been

I think £12M for Schlupp should be the barometer for how mad the world has become.

In hindsight you could level that against McCormack but at the time of signing him I don't remember too many negative comments either here or outside of Villa world.

Schlupp is 100% mediocre, has a bit of pace (like Adama) but very little end product (like Adama) and sometimes woefully so (like Adama).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

We're judging McCormack in the complete absence of a midfield.  With Gabby it's slightly different as he's been (not) doing his thing for years.

And up until this season our midfield has been world class, of course

Just now, BOF said:

We're judging McCormack in the complete absence of a midfield.  

Agreed. McCormack is a player who brings others in to play with good touches, but he can't do that without a midfield. Kodjia has performed better because he's more physically gifted and can create on his own. He may have 9 goals, but he's started 7 more games and 3 of those goals were penalties which makes him statistically look much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

My sentiments entirely.....too many up and downs this season....tidy up,steady the ship and consolidate.

tbf - only locals who have the reasonable opportunity to go to games can possibly think this.  I'm in a Villa desert here.  So hard to see ANY matches.  The Championship experience is NOT fun for those abroad.  (It can't help global marketing opportunities either.)

I'm not saying your thought is invalid.  Just saying that you wouldn't think it if attending a match cost a bit more than a thousand dollars if you went alone.  That includes no food or drinks.  (Do your own pounds and euro's conversions.)

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

tbf - only locals who have the reasonable opportunity to go to games can possibly think this.  I'm in a Villa desert here.  So hard to see ANY matches.  The Championship experience is NOT fun for those abroad.  (It can't help global marketing opportunities either.)

I'm not saying your thought is invalid.  Just saying that you wouldn't think it if attending a match cost a bit more than a thousand dollars if you went alone.  That includes no food or drinks.  (Do your own pounds and euro's conversions.)

It's not about fun, it's just realism.

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Cue Villa preparing/readying/tabling a £13m bid for Livermore :rolleyes: