January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Right, thanks for that insightful comment

Sorry, didn't realise this was such a pressing matter of urgency for you.

It doesn't count because, in my opinion, a short-term loan goalkeeper isn't particularly the kind of signing I consider to be impactful. I'm interested in permanent signings who will be here for several years to come yet.

This, in my opinion, is why it doesn't count and is why I'm so eager to see us bring in some permanent signings.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Sorry, didn't realise this was such a pressing matter of urgency for you.

It doesn't count because, in my opinion, a short-term loan goalkeeper isn't particularly the kind of signing I consider to be impactful. I'm interested in permanent signings who will be here for several years to come yet.

This, in my opinion, is why it doesn't count and is why I'm so eager to see us bring in some permanent signings.

In my opinion, whether the transfer is a loan or permanent is irrelevant as long as said player gives 100% to the cause.

I would hazard a guess that at 23 years old, Johnstone would be chomping at the bit for regular first team football which he should get here in my opinion. 

I think he's a much better option than Gollini, I think Gollini has potential but maybe isn't suited to the rigours of English football.

Thank you Phumfeinz for constructing an argument

28 minutes ago, HAL said:

you mean like we got a new striker in when rudy left?

For me, a striker is a pressing concern now, we are short up top, I didn't understand the logic of letting Gestede go to Middlesbrough with Kodjia being at ACoN. We need to invest in a striker be it a loan or permanent, I don't know if the money is there

• Like 3