Richards

Cissokho

Westwood

Gaby

and if possible

Bacuna, Gardner & Kozak

Sell Amavi & Ayew if we can get 20mill+

Then BUY/LOAN the f*** out of the market

The later we start afresh the more seasons we'll be down here.

It was now or never at the beginning of the season. We started with a fake manager and the shit still in the squad.

It's no longer a case of "oh we can expect this, that or the other"

It's time to wake up and just do!

whatever it takes and whatever it costs

or we pay in the long run.

Enough is enough, and for anyone who thats not clear as day to by now. Sorry, but I can't help them for thinking like that.

It really is time to just do it!

• Like 3

All I know is we were told in the summer we want leaders a "spine" hence the signings of the likes of McCormack, Chester elphick and jedinak

Barring Chester the other three have been a complete waste of time. Elphick when he first signed seemed so passionate but where the hells the passion? Jedinak has looked cackling for weeks now and McCormack is just  fat waste of space.

Promotion or not, I feel like we need to finish this season with some flair and purpose as a springboard into next season. I can't see any possibility of that happening with no new players, especially in the midfield.

Bruce has been saying though if he can't get the players he wants he'll go with what he's got, so they won't be panic buys, they'll be players that fit into his overall vision for the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren't making play offs so I'd pull any deals and wait for the summer when there will be more options.

Also. Why pay £4m for players we can get for free.

I suspect you've already had pushback on this, but the issue is that if we don't sign the players we want, then somebody else might/will. Lansbury, for example, is wanted by Derby as well as ourselves, this window, not in the summer. Now I know you don't rate him that much, but if Bruce wants to get him he needs to get him this window. There won't be an option in the summer (nor would the player be more favourably disposed towards us for making him eat humble pie at Forest). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I would never attempt to defend Lerner in principle......but there were plenty of duffers we signed in his first 4 better years.....we just managed to get a small group that made a difference.

A squad can accommodate a few duffers especially when most of the other players are of quality. The difference from 2010 onwards though was to sell all of those decent players and replace the lot with shite. That's why we're rotting in away in the lower leagues right now. 

14 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

A squad can accommodate a few duffers especially when most of the other players are of quality. The difference from 2010 onwards though was to sell all of those decent players and replace the lot with shite. That's why we're rotting in away in the lower leagues right now. 

But it wasn't just a few duffers, sadly.....it was a rake.

Yes but my point was out of 38 ( and please take the principle intended as opposed to the accuracy of numbers) recruits we secured about 5/6 that was serviceable.

I presume we had to sell the good ones.....to fund the full amortisation of the non- serviceable players.

I am not privy to the finances of the club and quite frankly have little interest in it.

Please don't take me down a road of defending / mitigating SOME of Lerner actions , because it can be misconstrued as a veiled attempt at defending him as a whole.

as a whole....I thought he was a complete disaster for us and put us back 10 years.

but looking back in anger, is of no use.....we have to look forward.

Having said that.....nothing wrong in trying to learn the good practices from the days we was successful.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I can't see Hourihane or Lansbury wanting to come here now

They have better chance of promotion with both Sheffield Wednesday and Derby

Unless they had the sense, to think that with them in the side and the boys back from Africa.....the whole scene with us could be different.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Unless they had the sense, to think that with them in the side and the boys back from Africa.....the whole scene with us could be different.

One that hasn't performed and may goto China. Will two central midfielders make all the difference? We will improve but there's just shite all over the park. Only decent thing is our defence.. and now Baker may be out again.

8 minutes ago, KSV said:

One that hasn't performed and may goto China. Will two central midfielders make all the difference? We will improve but there's just shite all over the park. Only decent thing is our defence.. and now Baker may be out again.

Can't disagree.

based on that view.....

maybe us dumping the notion that we expecting to go up via the play offs might eleviate some of the pent up frustration and return us back to the sensible option of taking each game as it comes, rebuilding our reputation, watching/ enjoying the gradual/ sensible progression of the rebuild.....and then we can start getting cocky, when we have something to be cocky about.

otherwise, we are all just beating ourselves up.

we are not ready.....let's face it sensibly and objectively.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KSV said:

Going to be hard to attract good players now being 10 points behind. Do well to stay midtable 

We can attract players the same way we always do

200.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren't making play offs so I'd pull any deals and wait for the summer when there will be more options.

Also. Why pay £4m for players we can get for free.

I agree with a lot of what you say but can't agree with that. Lets get good/better players in now and get them settled and then compliment them in the summer with more. Waiting for summer and another huge rebuild is far too risky again IMO

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Can't disagree.

based on that view.....

maybe us dumping the notion that we expecting to go up via the play offs might eleviate some of the pent up frustration and return us back to the sensible option of taking each game as it comes, rebuilding our reputation, watching/ enjoying the gradual/ sensible progression of the rebuild.....and then we can start getting cocky, when we have something to be cocky about.

otherwise, we are all just beating ourselves up.

we are not ready.....let's face it sensibly and objectively.

Pretty much this. I've given up on it this year. Two years in the championship and counting. Sad time to be a villa fan. Hopefully we will be back sooner rather than later. I guess after last season's shambles it was always going to be tough to rebuild a squad capable of returning straight away.

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

And that's how we've got relegated paying big money to shit players who lack fight for the club.

If you want the best, you have to pay. Making sure its the right character is the hard part. 

The top teams pay the biggest wages and they win things. 

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

And that's how we've got relegated paying big money to shit players who lack fight for the club.

Bang On the money......sorry for the pun.

Just now, Xela said:

If you want the best, you have to pay. Making sure its the right character is the hard part. 

The top teams pay the biggest wages and they win things. 

That's the difference though. We aren't getting top players. Were attracting average or players past their best for top dollar. Or players who only come for the money and just happy to collect.. whether we lose or not.. they don't care.

I'm starting to think we need a whole new midfield. Not just 2 central midfielders.

The defence is ok, and with Kodija up front we are a threat, but Jedinak is too slow and can't pass, Tshibola looks bang average, Westwood and Gardner just aren't footballers, Bacuna is a right back at best, Adomah blows hot and cold and Grealish seems to be an impact player from the bench.

Worrying.

• Like 1