January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, KSV said:

And that's how we've got relegated paying big money to shit players who lack fight for the club.

I wish I could press like about 5,000 times

ps .....Triers and fight are being very much confused at our club

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KSV said:

That's the difference though. We aren't getting top players. Were attracting average or players past their best for top dollar. Or players who only come for the money and just happy to collect.. whether we lose or not.. they don't care.

I would suspect the single biggest factor that has challenged our club.

• Like 1

FFS we don't want any more African players that are going to piss off to ACON in January and February and leave us in the lurch. Stick to European players that have a sensible season and will be around August to May!

34 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

FFS we don't want any more African players that are going to piss off to ACON in January and February and leave us in the lurch. Stick to European players that have a sensible season and will be around August to May!

I'm inclined to agree. There is absolutely no point in signing players who are going to bugger off for 15% of the season. Not when there is no need to.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm sure they're trying, and I can't help but nod my head in agreement. But then we've been saying the same for years. Selling Gabby is a no brainer but to who exactly? that's the issue. We can all get emotional about cancelling contracts and releasing people on a free. In the real world though it's just loads more complicated. We can only speculate on the wage bill but rest assured it's massive for the division we're in. Including the 3 on loan there are 9 central midfielders at the club and we all know we need 2/3 of those. It is ridiculous to think we can ever be in a position where 11 or 12 first team squad members are fighting it out for 2/3 positions every week and afford it. Likewise with the strikers - including RHM we have 6 first teamers and have just sold Gestede. Of those 7, 1 is/was a functioning member of the team. We cant simply go buying striker number 7 and or 8 just because 5 of them are next to useless and pray we go up. I wish there were clubs lining up for Bacuna/Cissokho etc thinking they could snap up a bargain but I doubt any of them will get wage parity anywhere and I cant see them having much incentive to leave. Half a squad of Stephen Ireland's basically.

What a depressing comment. 

(Which is not to say it's wrong). 

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren't making play offs so I'd pull any deals and wait for the summer when there will be more options.

Also. Why pay £4m for players we can get for free.

Can't sort out this mess in one window , need to start bedding players in now , think bringing to many faces in during one window sets a team back few months. Players need to settle 

Edited by pete101
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KSV said:

That's the difference though. We aren't getting top players. Were attracting average or players past their best for top dollar. Or players who only come for the money and just happy to collect.. whether we lose or not.. they don't care.

I don't think that's quite fair.  Elphick for example seems to be an issue of confidence, not someone taking the piss.  I don't recall anyone thinking McCormick was either past it or a golddigger when he signed.  Jedinak seems past his best.  Chester and Kodjia seem like good signings who have performed.  Tshibola seemed an improvement at the time.  Gollini was a gamble on youth, and perhaps the problem was doing that without more strength in depth, so that he got pushed too far too soon.  So I think it's more of a mixed picture.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Can't sort out this mess in one window , need to start bedding players in now , think bringing to many faces in during one window sets a team back few months. Players need to settle 

Cough........Newcastle.

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Cough........Newcastle.

Newcastle could afford to do it as they sold Sissokho and Wijnaldum for £55m and could take a risk or five. Weren't too many clubs knocking on our door to take our "best" players from us and even the main player we sold in Gueye was flogged for pretty much what we paid for him. We had to spend £40m+ just to get a reasonable squad together. Dr. Tony would've had to spend £75m to get us to a play-off level squad.

Still hopeful for a triple signing of Hourihane, Lansbury and Bree though. :-)

• Like 1

i have never heard of some of the players we are linked with.

dont know if thats good or bad thing, i guess the club / owner/manager are thinking shall we get the players in for a real crack at promotion next year or fill in the blanks & gamble on the play offs.

i think walters of stoke will be a great start, thats the sort of player this team needs