January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I'd go all out for Snodgrass. He seems to be unsettled at Hull

Would face Premier League competition but Bruce knows him and would be a very good signing 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

I'm sure there are a fair few people on this forum (I don't exclude myself from this) who should be having a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror before judging you for drinking. 

If you were a regular at spoons they'd wonder why you were so late starting. 

I'm coffee total

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Would face Premier League competition but Bruce knows him and would be a very good signing 

I'd take Snodgrass for sure, capable of scoring goals, passing and crossing. Can hit a decent free kick too. 

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Would never trade Prem for Championship when he'll get plenty of offers from mid table teams. I think Wham are interested

2 hours ago, BOF said:

We're judging McCormack in the complete absence of a midfield.  With Gabby it's slightly different as he's been (not) doing his thing for years.

Exactly what I said to my brother earlier. Also our lack of natural width certainly isn't pulling defenders away from him and with Gabby he's playing as 2 players.

He isn't playing well that's for sure and it's clearly confidence as he can't even hit a free kick. But he's a talented player who knows where the back of the net is. 
A player isn't judged after 6 months, he's managed to find his feet. We and he probably expected to hit the ground running, he hasn't but it looks like he'll have another season in the Championship to get there.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

McCormack is a quality player though, he's proven that in the last few years.

I'm sure he will perform when we actually get a midfield. 

McCormack will come again - I have no doubt about this much, will it be with us I'm not sure- I do hope so because he can play.

• Like 2

Just now, srsmithusa said:

While I understand you may well be right.  I really, really hope you're not.  I think we can both agree that's fair.

Oh mate I bet there's loads of stuff we can agree on if you want :)

It's just I get the feeling there's a whole bunch of people getting pretty upset about missing out on promotion or the play offs and with each result it magnifies.

Then there are a load of us who either thought we'd finish mid table or get relegated again who are more resigned to us being down here for a couple of years.

It's not really about who's right but we all surely want the fix to be right. And sustainable. Throwing good money after bad is part of the reason we are where we are.

No one WANTS it to take a couple of years. But it's a lot more realistic imho. Even if we made the play-offs this year the odds are we'd end up in the championship next season anyway. It is just based on the fact that we weren't relegated with a team that needed a bit of quality adding to make it alright. We were relegated with a squad of about 30 odd players with around 25 of them needing to be put out to pasture or shot.

I'm not a local anymore either and the fact that there isn't even radio coverage available outside of the midlands for the majority of games is utterly infuriating. There's something we can definitely agree on :)

• Like 2

Its all very well spending c12 mill on a player, but you cannot afford too many mistakes at that price. They have to be nailed on, or as close to.

Also,you can look around and see how many quality players in the Prem have been transferred for less than 12 mill

right now, the world and his grand mother knows how desperate we are.....we have to be very wary of that and be careful we are not being asked over the odds for every player we seek.

However, the quicker we get the repairs done ,the less this issue will be with us.

Edited by TRO

I look at the Leeds back 5 with envy....I believe a key factor that will get them up.

never cost a lot of money.

The key is not rushing things, and signing the right type of players at the right price, that means timing and waiting for availability.

....a longer build, will be more sustainable IMO.

However, there's many pressing contradictory issues that make it tricky.

Edited by TRO