Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's precisely because of all the years of garbage that came before him that I don't hate - or even dislike - Bruce whatsoever. When you place his time here in the context of supporting this football club over the last near-decade, his time in charge was basically fine for me. I'm glad we changed manager when we did, no doubt, but 2017/2018 was when I rediscovered my love of watching Villa play and I'll thank Bruce for his part in that, whatever others think. 

It's hard to articulate how I feel about this. On the one hand I agree, he'd come in second place behind Deano in our list of managers since MON if I used this criteria. But if the list was based on achievement according to remit + resources to achieve that remit, he falls considerably down the list. Factor in his nastiness towards the fans because he couldn't achieve his goal and the fact that we could have been in serious trouble if Dean Smith didn't perform a minor miracle and it's hard to really look too fondly back at his reign. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

Bradford defeat might have been more embarrassing, but losing to Arsenal 4-0 in the FA Cup final was a thousand times more disappointing.

Yep. The fa cup final defeat is up there with the most embarrassed I’ve ever been at a performance. 

Probably didn’t help that Sherwood threw his players under the bus the day before. 

• Like 1

Lambert is way at the bottom of the list. 

Built and cemented the losing mentality at the club that saw us unable to recover from. Awful manager and for me personally completely destroyed my interest in football. 

Sherwood was a mess but 10 games isn't the same sort of legacy that lambert left or bruce would have if smith didn't save us. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Relegation and the start of a downward spiral that we were barely rescued from.

He's one of the biggest reasons we've spent the last 3 seasons in the Championship.

There's people in here saying that Bruce's good points don't count because of how he left us. Well if we use that logic then Sherwood's FA Cup semi final win certainly counts for nothing because he left us far worse than any other manager has left us for decades.

I'll stand by what I usually say. Sherwood is the worst manager Aston Villa have had in my lifetime. He's a total fraud.

Ill never forgive him for that Southampton game. A mane hattrick in quickest time in premier league history.

Then we went to lose to Wigan and get destroyed in cup final. Fecking terrible manager 

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Lambert is way at the bottom of the list. 

Built and cemented the losing mentality at the club that saw us unable to recover from. Awful manager and for me personally completely destroyed my interest in football. 

Sherwood was a mess but 10 games isn't the same sort of legacy that lambert left or bruce would have if smith didn't save us. 

Lambert's reign of course can't really be described as anything other than a failure, but I think he's judged a bit unfairly by some fans. His whole period in charge overlapped with ever increasing lack of interest and investment from Lerner and a constant pressure to reduce the wage bill.

That said, I'd really like to know why he became so negative around his second season in charge, because in his first we were quite attacking.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Lambert's reign of course can't really be described as anything other than a failure, but I think he's judged a bit unfairly by some fans. His whole period in charge overlapped with ever increasing lack of interest and investment from Lerner and a constant pressure to reduce the wage bill.

That said, I'd really like to know why he became so negative around his second season in charge, because in his first we were quite attacking.

Lambert loses all sympathy when he signed a new contract knowing exactly what the situation was. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Chelsea defeat in December 2012, after that we regressed.

On 29/06/2019 at 21:08, Zatman said:

Him having a go at fans is pathetic especially since he got a lot of rope from fans. Didnt help his kids on socisl media 

Bruce was a pompous prick and if brought us up we be on way down soon enough 

Totally agree - it does not matter one jot iif it was aimed at 1 or 1 hundred fans. It's a line you don't cross.

He got a kings ransom to manage us - I'm afraid when you get a bit of stick - you suck it up and crack on 

was 33/1 this morning and then dropped to 9/4 and is now odds on

do you know what that means???

someone placed a huge bet this morning, people saw the odds drop and started chucking money on it making the odds drop further and faster

bruce and mike Ashley both woke up around mid day in a kebab fueled haze without a clue what was going on....odds dropping reported as news cycle doing its thing again

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

Totally agree - it does not matter one jot iif it was aimed at 1 or 1 hundred fans. It's a line you don't cross.

He got a kings ransom to manage us - I'm afraid when you get a bit of stick - you suck it up and crack on 

Can’t. Handle. The. Levels. Of. Irony. Here

The worse a team is and the lower the expectation, the better Brucie will do.

Don't really want to play him though, I got Blues match like nerves before the Wednesday game. Horrible.

Â