Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Also, Bruce being hated by the fans for his SHA association is a narrative Sky has been pushing for a couple of years now. That was no mistake, he just took the lie too far for plausible deniability is all.

Exactly. 

leaving a club mid pre-season is as shitty as you can get. Granted he will never get a job offer like this again but for me shows class of the guy after Wednesday gave him a lot of time off before taking the job

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

leaving a club mid pre-season is as shitty as you can get. Granted he will never get a job offer like this again but for me shows class of the guy after Wednesday gave him a lot of time off before taking the job

Are you really surprised ? I can't help but have some empathy for the toon.

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mark of the man.

Proper piece of work.

7 minutes ago, privateer said:

It never ceases to amaze me how often I read that he is a "good bloke". Even those who acknowledge his weaknesses and outright failures as a manager sometimes find themselves caveating their opinions with the "good guy" mantra.

But actually, he's a monumental word removed. A repellent fat snide who was always limited in terms of managerial skills and what "skills" or "knowledge" he possesses are far out of date. He's like a blubbery MON.

He was found out brutally in the final few months he was trashing our club, fortunately for SW won't be there long enough to do for them but, hilariously, is about to turn the Toon into the greatest show on earth this season. From what I can gather they hate him already and don't want him there. Come Christmas...oh my!  :crylaugh:

He presumably only gets that reputation because he's soft spoken and polite. That goes a long way for a lot of people when it comes to people in positions of power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yeah, most of it lording it up in the West Indies watching cricket!..

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He presumably only gets that reputation because he's soft spoken and polite. That goes a long way for a lot of people when it comes to people in positions of power.

It's a very good point. He's absolutely nailed the skill of being the faux-humble victim, that stupid but faithful golden retriever act whilst weaving in a nice bit of passive aggression. The word removed.

• Like 1

Almost a year ago, I was Raving on and on about getting rid of Bruce and going for Rafa Benithez. I was out of my mind according to some, etc etc.

12 months on..  Newcastle United have swapped Benithez for Bruce.

Weird.

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Almost a year ago, I was Raving on and on about getting rid of Bruce and going for Rafa Benithez. I was out of my mind according to some, etc etc.

Weird.

You were out of you're mind.

Benitez would never come to a team in the championship.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Weird.

Ignoring the fact that your comparison would only work if Sheffield Wednesday signed Benitez, it's not like Newcastle sacked Benitez so they could get Bruce. He essentially walked. Bruce is a massive downgrade that they wouldn't make if they didn't have to. In fact, apparently Bruce was way down their list of candidates.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ignoring the fact that your comparison would only work if Sheffield Wednesday signed Benitez, it's not like Newcastle sacked Benitez so they could get Bruce. He essentially walked. Bruce is a massive downgrade that they wouldn't make if they didn't have to. In fact, apparently Bruce was way down their list of candidates.

He walked because he was not putting up with anymore of Ashley's shite, wanted assurances that Ashley wouldn't give, gave a vision Ashley didn't share. No wonder he walked. Foolish on Ashley's part unless he had a much better manager lined up.

... He appoints Steve Bruce.

You just couldn't write it. I Suppose it saves Ashley even more £££ now but as a fan, I'd be suicidal right now.

They won't have another Rafa to being them back up this time. You just know where Ashley is taking this. He has hired the perfect pilot for that journey.

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He knows how to keep those in good positions sweet. Heard a few journos mention in casual convo how in his pre and post matches he always treats them right and looks after them with refreshments and the like.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Could be worse, imagine leaving the club that day before the season opener...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

I don't understand this at all.  His dream job comes up and he is being classless by having the nerve to accept it?  What?

Â