Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

This is almost a perfect Bruce appointment.

When he's there he will blame a lack of support from the supporters.
When he's fired, his media mates will peddle the 'Ashley was the problem' mentality. 
I almost want them to get bought out, and Potato Cabbage get a chance with a lot of money, and to **** it all up. Perhaps then, the dinosaurs in the English game will start to get called out properly by the media.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2019 at 14:26, Stevo985 said:

He’s still lying anyway. There was a bit of disapproval when McLiesh was appointed but nothing close to what he’s describing 

A bit of disapproval ? Are you sure of this? I agree the way he described his  appointment is incorrect - but I'm pretty certain - there was a huge amount of disapproval at Appointment 

19 minutes ago, Dave J said:

A bit of disapproval ? Are you sure of this? I agree the way he described his  appointment is incorrect - but I'm pretty certain - there was a huge amount of disapproval at Appointment 

Not much to do with his SHA connections though and mostly because he was a very negative manager.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Not much to do with his SHA connections though and mostly because he was a very negative manager.

And the fact he'd just been relegated.

It was such a remarkable appointment.

• Like 2

It’s probably a false memory, but the way I recall it was that there was a fairly vocal dissatisfaction with McClaren and when that disappeared there was sort of a lull and then the McLeish appointment took everyone by surprise. 

There was a bit of a protest but the threat of McClaren threw people off and McLeish was the sucker punch. It sort of staggered any outrage.

Like I say, probably a false memory but that’s how I remember it playing out. All very quick.

Without wanting to reference cabbages, Bruce was welcomed in the same way as accepting more greens on your plate. Not the most exciting thing, but sensible and with the idea that at least they’ll be better for you.

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand this at all.  His dream job comes up and he is being classless by having the nerve to accept it?  What?

Obviously if the same thing happened to them 3 months into a job then Villa came after them then they'd definitely turn it down.... Nope of course they wouldn't. 

If i was in Bruce's position and Villa came after me I'd accept the Villa offer without hesitation.

I don’t thimk he will keep Newcastle up.  The club is rotten to the core. The way we were for so many years. 

I think next season will show how much of a  remarkable job Rafa managed to do for 2 seasons. 

Bruce will have them battling to the end though. 

At least he gets to wheel out the beg, steal and borrow line again. 

He will treat the NUFC fans with the same contempt he did us, and be straight in the ex-Sunderland link and never accepted boll*cks as soon as the sh*t hits the fan. 

• Like 1

He could use that line at Wednesday, they've been under a transfer embargo and have only just recently been able to announce some signings and then they're free transfers, they've also had to to sell their ground (Hillsborough), to make the accounts look right. At Newcastle he'll probably at least have some money to spend, they've got no choice really after losing Rondon and Perez.

10 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Erm, no. Its still three. As shit as Potato Head is, he doesn't take up two teams.

No, but it will mean that Newcastle would have one of the relegation places sewn up, so we only need to worry about other teams. 

by the way - it was a joke in case you missed it.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

At least he gets to wheel out the beg, steal and borrow line again. 

He will treat the NUFC fans with the same contempt he did us, and be straight in the ex-Sunderland link and never accepted boll*cks as soon as the sh*t hits the fan. 

He will be preparing that line LONG before the shit hits the fan!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

He could use that line at Wednesday, they've been under a transfer embargo and have only just recently been able to announce some signings and then they're free transfers, they've also had to to sell their ground (Hillsborough), to make the accounts look right. At Newcastle he'll probably at least have some money to spend, they've got no choice really after losing Rondon and Perez.

Losing both of these players is surely a plus?

Not sure how you work that out, between them they got forty plus goals and assists for Newcastle last season, at the moment both would probably get into our team. I think Pérez is really underrated.

Â