Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

was 33/1 this morning and then dropped to 9/4 and is now odds on

do you know what that means???

someone placed a huge bet this morning, people saw the odds drop and started chucking money on it making the odds drop further and faster

bruce and mike Ashley both woke up around mid day in a kebab fueled haze without a clue what was going on....odds dropping reported as news cycle doing its thing again

Alex was busy today😉

• Like 1

Bruce has shown that what he's good at is an instant re-organisation boost.  He did it with us to an extent (although he hit a ceiling afterwards), and he did it to good effect with Sheff Wednesday.  Given that Newcastle will probably have very little money to spend, I actually think he might be a sensible appointment for them in the short term while they try to get their house in order off the field.  If they can find a new owner this season, then Bruce might be just the ticket to keep them up and then they can cut their losses for next season.  So, yeah, while it all seems hilarious on the surface, I think I'd rather see them do worse than him tbqh.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bruce has shown that what he's good at is an instant re-organisation boost.  He did it with us to an extent (although he hit a ceiling afterwards), and he did it to good effect with Sheff Wednesday.  Given that Newcastle will probably have very little money to spend, I actually think he might be a sensible appointment for them in the short term while they try to get their house in order off the field.  If they can find a new owner this season, then Bruce might be just the ticket to keep them up and then they can cut their losses for next season.  So, yeah, while it all seems hilarious on the surface, I think I'd rather see them do worse than him tbqh.

Fair points but he hasn’t managed in the top flight for quite some time now. Be interesting to see if his methods would still keep them up.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Be interesting to see if his methods would still keep them up.

It goes without saying that I sincerely hope they don't :) 

• Like 1

Bruce has only ever been a success when he's had money to spend, some people forget that at Small Heath and Hull those clubs actually spent quite a bit of money, same at Sunderland when got them to tenth in the league they spent a lot of money. Also Wednesday improved last season as soon as they sacked their previous manager and put Lee Bullen in charge, it was over a month before Bruce came in and whilst he did relatively well, he essentially just carried on doing what Bullen had begun.

Edited by useless

He will probably stabilize them for a season, but if they have any hopes beyond that, including surviving relegation the following season they will have to cut ties. But on the face of it, that's not a bad appointment at all.

12 minutes ago, villaluke said:

sky sports journalist  on sky sports news talking about Bruce to Newcastle comparing it to Bruce joining  Villa and he said there was riots outside Villa park when he was announced! 🤣

I watched that too. The Steve Bruce spin in action.

Z8O50iw.jpg

Also mentioned that Newcastle would never accept him due to his Sunderland days. His mates need to get it in there early I suppose.

Steve Bruce PR in action.

It's the strangest thing to go onto a Sheffield Wednesday forum and see them panicking about losing Steve Bruce.

It would be a shame really because after that article in the lead up to the game at Hillsborough I really wanted to rub it in when they realised what dire football Bruce would eventually get them playing.

Sheffield Wednesday was rumoured to be his last job wasn’t it?

However I’d imagine he’d like to have a crack at his boyhood club before he retires. Although it’s pretty much a poisoned chalice, you’d have to have a real affection for the club or a real belief you could turn it around. Mind you, if he went in thinking it’s his last job, he may think it could be a decent earner.

Newcastle supporters don’t seem happy at the prospect anyway, but then I wouldn’t expect them to be ecstatic at the moment. Sunderland supporters seem practically giddy at the idea. 

I don’t see Ashley paying compensation (unless it’s minimal), so think that might be the stumbling block.

Bruce will say all the right things if he goes there. It’s been my dream and it’s without doubt the best job I’ve ever had. 52k screaming Geordies every week, you don’t get that anywhere else blah blah . Stay at Wednesday steve, you’ll be better off.

53 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bruce will say all the right things if he goes there. It’s been my dream and it’s without doubt the best job I’ve ever had. 52k screaming Geordies every week, you don’t get that anywhere else blah blah . Stay at Wednesday steve, you’ll be better off.

First thing will be mentioning how Sun'land and Villa never accepted him tbfh.

Â