Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Theres probably truth in that.

We had a RB signed from Italy last summer.

After a few games last season there was a point where he was sat in the dressing room saying "it's so fast" again and again under his breath.

We have a cb on loan that sits in the dressing room repeating, “right back, why right back? There are hundreds of them here”

• Haha 2

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Surely there must be a one gif per post rule? Cause it just doesn't work as a joke. 

Rules?         RULES?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1) He asked 2 questions, I gave 2 replies

2) I'm not joking

3) Thank you for your input

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095badd40b4462734b77

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

bare in mind we have the players to get wins, if Bruce stumbles unwittingly on a winning formula and we went on a run of wins, would people believe that it could be sustained, that a corner could be turned?

Does anyone think that Bruce can redeem himself and push on.

I don't personally foresee this, but stranger things have happened and wanted to ask a different question. 

Nope.  I think it's likely we will have a run of wins at some point - but that won't be down to a sudden 'winning formula', it'll be down to players hitting form individually (see Albert last year).

If Bruce were to stay I see a re-run of last season, but slightly worse.  Maybe scrape into 5th/6th.  We're worse, but so is the league.  We have potential to be better than that if only we had a  manager who could use it.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he'll go over the weekend if we lose tonight.

I agree, I can't see him surviving another defeat and I think he knows it.

He will be here until the owners/CEO have someone ready to step in, otherwise he would already be gone. 

In my opinion, of course, and I hope I am right. And I also hope they do not leave it too long, beyond the time when the season can still be salvaged.

• Like 2

The result of one game is irrelevant. What the owners have to look at the the overall direction of travel .Bruce has no idea of his best starting 11, no idea what formation to play, no organisation and even less idea of how to change a game. Add to that his pig headedness in persisting with players playing out of position when it is clearly not working. Those traits have been evident from virtually the start of his tenure and arguably are getting worse. 

The Sheffield game was a masterclass in all those failings. Yes they were a good side but boy were they well organised and disciplined, something I would expect from any half decent manager. Bruce's failings were woefully exposed such that a bang average player like Bannan was make to look like Iniesta. His Hollywood balls, which we struggled to deal with all game, were tantamount to taking the piss.

A tipping point is rapidly approaching where the owners will realise we will not get promoted with him as our manager unless he is pretty much winning every game which is very unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

He will be here until the owners/CEO have someone ready to step in, otherwise he would already be gone. 

In my opinion, of course, and I hope I am right. And I also hope they do not leave it too long, beyond the time when the season can still be salvaged.

This is kind of a nothing statement because we don't know they haven't already been working on it.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

The result of one game is irrelevant. What the owners have to look at the the overall direction of travel .Bruce has no idea of his best starting 11, no idea what formation to play, no organisation and even less idea of how to change a game. Add to that his pig headedness in persisting with players playing out of position when it is clearly not working. Those traits have been evident from virtually the start of his tenure and arguably are getting worse. 

The Sheffield game was a masterclass in all those failings. Yes they were a good side but boy were they well organised and disciplined, something I would expect from any half decent manager. Bruce's failings were woefully exposed such that a bang average player like Bannan was make to look like Iniesta. His Hollywood balls, which we struggled to deal with all game, were tantamount to taking the piss.

A tipping point is rapidly approaching where the owners will realise we will not get promoted with him as our manager unless he is pretty much winning every game which is very unlikely.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Just going back to the RDM discussion. For me, it always felt that the losses and draws with RDM were unlucky, and with Bruce, for the most part the wins seem lucky and the draws expected.

If I recall we conceded like 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th, 90th in consecutive games! As unlucky as that is 1 win in 12 is more than enough reason to sack someone especially as a lot of his signings seemed very poor at that time. 

Â