Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Surely there must have been some minimum requirements for him to keep his job when the new owners came in. He must have spun quite a yarn to have convinced them he was the right man in the first place, but they have to see that we are going nowhere with Bruce in charge. He wants time that he shouldn't have to get the team playing together. His one and only objective is to get us promoted and he will fail again.

I reckon there probably is a minimum requirement. What it is would be anyone’s guess.

I think I set an arbitrary figure of twelve points from the six games between international breaks for us to get. I thought that was rather doable. We can only get eleven at most now (I think we may get to nine at a push - if we’re lucky). 

Two more draws, or a win and a defeat and I think he’ll be gone.

Please please some VT reading journo ask him his detailed thought process (?)  behind playing Abraham and Kodja together, then Albert and Bolasie together.

I don’t think inexplicable selections are unique to him, nor our biggest problem, but they certainly aren’t helping.

On the other , don’t bother. It’s a waste of time, as is the whole business at present.

Guy I spoke to tonight (works at the FA, apparently) said rumour is Bruce is suffering from his parents passing last year. He hasn't took a coaching session since last season. I mean could explain a lot of things going on at our club. Doesn't seem focused to me, iv'e seen much better from him.

Or is it just that he knows his time has come. Team selection tonight was baffling, the changes makes no difference whatsoever.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Guy I spoke to tonight (works at the FA, apparently) said rumour is Bruce is suffering from his parents passing last year. He hasn't took a coaching session since last season. I mean could explain a lot of things going on at our club. Doesn't seem focused to me, iv'e seen much better from him.

Or is it just that he knows his time has come. Team selection tonight was baffling, the changes makes no difference whatsoever.

If that's the case then (and I have every sympathy with his personal situation), why has he not simply resigned?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Something is clearly not right.

he should not be at work, under the circumstances, if thats the case......If he was a train driver, he would be encouraged to take leave.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Mantis said:

If that's the case then (and I have every sympathy with his personal situation), why has he not simply resigned?

Money talks chap, what ever the situation. He will be walking away from about 3 mill I think. 

For me, he should have took the year out. Huge both parents passing.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just listened to his post match interview the prat is dillusional, said we deserved to have won that game, what game was he watching we was poor yet again

Like a parrot taking the piss out of us now.

"There or thereabouts"'

"Roll up their sleeves"

"Makings of a decent team"

"gelling together"

"never easy..."

do we have a bingo on one of those bingo cards that were making the rounds this week?

• Like 2

“This marathon that we’re about to embark on”. 

We’re over a fifth of the way through the season. 

And then the crowd pleaser “there or thereabouts”. I actually thought he wasn’t going to say that, but I suppose he couldn’t resist bringing out the hits for the encore.

Â