Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Tomaszk said:

So true you can say it twice.

He wants to Sam life now, Coming in short-term for big bonuses.

He'll do better with that than being left to build something. He's done forever with anyone as big as Villa now.

It’s so true I said it 3 times. 

The owners have told him to stay onboard until the new man is lined up. 

It will be very amicable. 

Then Bruce can relax on a beach and drink his....

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think Bruce wants the sack. 

Perhaps he put big money on us getting promoted last season and lost, so now he needs the pay off to pay the Russian mafia.

Perhaps Terry was also in on the deal and that's what this Moscow meeting was all about, but unlike Bruce he managed to pay off his debt.

:detect:

Just now, sne said:

Perhaps he put big money on us getting promoted last season and lost, so now he needs the pay off to pay the Russian mafia.

Perhaps Terry was also in on the deal and that's what this Moscow meeting was all about, but unlike Bruce he managed to pay off his debt.

:detect:

All great theories. But I think he has just had enough. 

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Ah yes, here we go again.

People wanting us to lose so Steve Bruce can get sacked.

This really is obsession.

So great is the obsession with sacking Steve Bruce that people are prepared to see tie team the team they support lose. 

That represents a serious loss of perspective.

I don't agree....

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Ah yes, here we go again.

People wanting us to lose so Steve Bruce can get sacked.

This really is obsession.

So great is the obsession with sacking Steve Bruce that people are prepared to see tie team the team they support lose. 

That represents a serious loss of perspective.

I saw a couple of people say it a page or two back but given the location of your reply I’ll just reiterate that neither @TRO nor I have said we want to lose.

As for the obsession.......apart from a couple of people airing it briefly I’ve barely seen or heard it. No idea of your definition of obsession.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Terry, I chose my words carefully.

Having him gone is only half the job.

The other half is getting someone better.

I think the assumption that it is guaranteed is presumptuous.

Indeed you did, as did I, both this time and last time.....I agree of course.

For us to move on he needs to go. He's had more than enough backing and managed to mismanage his purchases , sales and loans to a big enough scale to warrant the sack.

If it looks like a shit formation and they play shit  football and get shit results then the manager is shit .

If we had a knowledgeable director of football he would have gone 14 months ago. 

Time to get the right people I'm who can see what the majority of us see and replace him with someone who can play a team with some type of direction, its not rocker science when you have a squad Ike ours .

• Like 2

I don't want us to lose. The effect Bruce has had on me however is making me care less about Villa in general, both when we win and lose, purely because I so strongly believe (as do most people here I expect) that we're never going to progress as long as he's here.

• Like 2

bare in mind we have the players to get wins, if Bruce stumbles unwittingly on a winning formula and we went on a run of wins, would people believe that it could be sustained, that a corner could be turned?

Does anyone think that Bruce can redeem himself and push on.

I don't personally foresee this, but stranger things have happened and wanted to ask a different question. 

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Lifted from Facebook.

Apparently Grealish mentioned this in his interview.

It could also be nothing,

I took it more as El ghazi realising that this league is tougher than then French league. 

Something which I mentioned before and got shot down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I took it more as El ghazi realising that this league is tougher than then French league. 

I will admit that now, for alot of us, Bruce is like the partner you want to get rid of, so everything he/she does annoys us.

Even if he/she has done nothing wrong.

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

bare in mind we have the players to get wins, if Bruce stumbles unwittingly on a winning formula and we went on a run of wins, would people believe that it could be sustained, that a corner could be turned?

Does anyone think that Bruce can redeem himself and push on.

I don't personally foresee this, but stranger things have happened and wanted to ask a different question. 

You don't turn a corner after 100 games, so no.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Theres probably truth in that.

We had a RB signed from Italy last summer.

After a few games last season there was a point where he was sat in the dressing room saying "it's so fast" again and again under his breath.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Theres probably truth in that.

We had a RB signed from Italy last summer.

After a few games last season there was a point where he was sat in the dressing room saying "it's so fast" again and again under his breath.

This league is relentless. In my opinion first and foremost you need to be solid as a rock. Not concede easily. Secondly you need to work your socks off. Thirdly you need to be able to utilise set pieces. So crucial in this league.  

Obviously all of the above helps if you have top player. But I do think whats gets overlooked is just how hard the Wolves and Cardiff players used to work. Also how many set pieces they scored from. In the case of Wolves, for all the good football they had some very powerful players.  Also there were a lot of wins when they had to handle pressure from opponents.

For all the criticism of Villa one thing we had last season was a solid base. We were hard to beat.  We never conceded in the last 15 minutes when in front. That’s pretty impressive and something you can credit Bruce with. 

This season we just look a complete mess. 

Â