Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Have a feeling Bruce is here to stay unless he starts drifting us towards relegation, then i can see chanting turning to pitch invasions.

Maybe that's what's needed, pitch invasions to get the owners ears.

• Haha 1

"I won't walk away from a challenge"

Credit to him, he's absolutely taken Aston Villa to the cleaners. He's made so much money off us and produced utter bilge with zero to minimum effort.

It will be so much more enjoyable watching Cowans and Delaney on the sideline. Better chance of getting promoted as well!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

We’re stuck with him until the international break I think. 

I think the performance, along with the supporters turning will not have gone unnoticed. 

2 games before the break

We haven't beaten Millwall in absolutely years at the Den is our bogey place to go! And Preston will probably be a draw!

Better off to get him out now to be fair

Just now, Villan4Life said:

2 games before the break

We haven't beaten Millwall in absolutely years at the Den is our bogey place to go! And Preston will probably be a draw!

Better off to get him out now to be fair

Yep I agree completely. I just think it will be the international break now. 

Unless we lose the Preston game, in which case I think it would be earlier.

He's just got to go. Today we briefly enter the top half of the table but will sink further tomorrow. 

1 win in 9?

Each match is a carbon copy of the previous. Just pot luck if we get a goal or not. 

You could argue for his past record or stability if it looked like we were playing well, on the cusp of improving, playing well but being unlucky but none of that is happening. The hugely talented squad look amateurish, like they've never played together before. 

We struggle at the back to contain average teams, we struggle to create, we cannot keep possession. 

Someone said in the match thread that we completely fail to control anyone aspect of the game and that is absolutely right and damning. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Copied and pasted.

Villa start with 2 strikers and no wingers. They finish with 2 wingers and no strikers. WHY?

In fairness, both strikers were terrible and we had no strikers on the bench.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep I agree completely. I just think it will be the international break now. 

Unless we lose the Preston game, in which case I think it would be earlier.

Pity we couldn't do it now fella so that new manager if they have anyone in mind could access the squad then have the international break to get to work properly!

Just now, Mantis said:

Because Bruce is perfectly happy with the 

It's clear he is happy for the time that draws are coming in, till somehow he stumbles upon a winning formula.

If he doesnt go by tomorrow i will seriously start to question whats going on at board level, these clever businessmen in charge surely can see whats right in front of them, hes making a fool out of them. Bruce has pressed the big red button and were drifting into oblivion. Something needs to happend asap to get us back in track this is beyond a joke now

Surely there must have been some minimum requirements for him to keep his job when the new owners came in. He must have spun quite a yarn to have convinced them he was the right man in the first place, but they have to see that we are going nowhere with Bruce in charge. He wants time that he shouldn't have to get the team playing together. His one and only objective is to get us promoted and he will fail again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Why do his teams start attacking in the last 5 minutes ....whats wrong with the last 85?

Yes it took a good while for us with all that possession to start actually in the second half to fire a shot off, it was like the whole midfield was in stasis and took some miracle to move again.

Surely the owners want some exciting football, I would rather Bruce actually take some risks here and try new things he hasn't before. He seems to be relying on a childs formation play book at the moment.

I think Kodjia should start and at halftime bring Abraham on fresh. With Abraham though our midfield need to shoot way more, we need a shooting team, its like alot of our playwrs are scared to shoot, abraham seems good at picking up rebounds, cant score off any if our troops dont bloody shoot.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

QUICK STEVIE. WE HAVE EQUALISED. WE ARE ON TOP. LET'S GO FOR THE JUGULAR. LETS GET AT. GET THE WINGERS ON. COME ON BRUCIE.LETS DO IT.

"Give it another 40 minutes."

Then take all our strikers off. 

Â