Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

ive refused to visit this thread but have reached a point where i need to vent

f*ck the burton game, f*ck the late equaliser v Reading and f*ck the Sheffield game... how can you leave us with 1 recognised CD?  you have completely f*cked the transfer window and continue to play players out of position because of this.  For this alone you should be shot!

• Like 4

First time I've watched a live match this season after paying for the game through AVTV. What a waste ?.

On the opening whistle, we hoofed the ball forward to no-one-in-particular, and I knew that this was going to be a sign of things to come. Lack  of coordination between players, zero movement off the ball, completely ineffectual attacks and an extremely fragile defence.

After almost 2 years at the helm, there's no semblance of a cohesive unit - a poor reflection on Bruce.

He's gotta go surely!?

I dearly hope the owners/CEO have a backup plan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can see the excuses for Blackburn now. We only got x players back from international games 24 hours befire so not ideal for us blah blah.

What was the excuse this weekend? Or the week before that? 

Players hadn’t trained and were not fit, but played them anyway.

Steve has been criticised for his comments about telling the players to put their boots on.  This criticism is unfair.

If you notice, he also said the club needs to sign players with "a bit more legs".  But our arrangements for the supply of kit are firmly based on the old paradigm of players with two legs.  There is an obvious danger that the arrival of players with more legs will cause a mismatch, so that there aren't enough boots to go around.

This wouldn't arise if we had gone the other way, signing players with fewer legs.  There might be other issues, like the question of making a pass without falling over.  But we're not doing that.

In his characteristically succinct manner, Steve was simply highlighting the logistical kit-based challenges of a new approach.  So before jumping in, his critics should take a moment to reflect on what he was actually saying, and not be so quick to criticise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Time to reshare this article from 2011, good analysis,  but the comments are even more enlightening. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Unashamedly old school, Bruce believed that motivation was the key to management but the influx of overseas coaches has raised the Premier League's technical bar and despite his relative youth, he has begun to look suspiciously like a man whose era has passed.

• Like 2

Â