Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think he's gone. 

If he was staying I think today he would have been given the vote of confidence by the board. 

I think the silence today means he's gone tomorrow. 

As much as I agree with the fact we haven't been convincing, nobody is going to get the sack after losing just one game (in the league). I only say it as I think it's never going to happen. He's only just got Abraham in and Bolasie is yet to appear. He'll be given time.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well as the Bruce in/out debate seems to be going round in circles, irrelevant of whether or not you want him out or would like him to stay, what does everyone think is likely to happen over the next few weeks now we have a CEO in place? 

Do we think he will stay or go? Again, forget about what you want, what do you think will happen?

I think he will get until the October international break to get things back on track - that’s 6 games with Rotherham , sheff  weds and Preston at home and Blackburn , Bristol c , and Millwall away - a minus of 12 points  from those 6 games or he’s gone .

if down to me he would be fired now but I think purslow will give him a bit more time . 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think he's gone. 

If he was staying I think today he would have been given the vote of confidence by the board. 

I think the silence today means he's gone tomorrow. 

I think it’s more to do with the fact that it’s a Sunday.

If he gets more time then he is very fortunate the next 6 fixurures arw relatively kind to us. Fail at those and his gone. Get a decent return and then he will probably have until we are ripped to shreads in that very hard run of games in winter. 

I personally think he will fall short in the next 6 games and get the sack.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think two more games without a win and he’ll be gone, maximum, but lose the next one and he could be gone. 

After watching this team over the last two years I can safely say that we are not getting promoted under Bruce. Why prolong it as it makes going up this year harder for the next manager?! Pull the plaster off quick and try to get a more long term approach and appointment in place ASAP. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well as the Bruce in/out debate seems to be going round in circles, irrelevant of whether or not you want him out or would like him to stay, what does everyone think is likely to happen over the next few weeks now we have a CEO in place? 

Do we think he will stay or go? Again, forget about what you want, what do you think will happen?

I think the owners and CE will be meeting to agree the arrangements for termination: terms, timing, process, PR, consequential dismissals, and replacements.

I would expect all that to be properly thought through before action is taken.  But I would expect it to happen promptly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he gets more time then he is very fortunate the next 6 fixurures arw relatively kind to us. Fail at those and his gone. Get a decent return and then he will probably have until we are ripped to shreads in that very hard run of games in winter. 

I personally think he will fall short in the next 6 games and get the sack.

The last 6 fixtures were also favourable though and 9  points is not enough -we cannot afford to let the gap get any bigger - maybe Abraham and bolasie will help but the defence is still a shambles 

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think that’s highly relevant....further to the dialogue earlier today, even if the owners have a guy in mind, he in turn will need a coaching team. One more reason I don’t foresee any change for some time.

Not sure i agree with this mate. Whislt it isn't always the case, most of the time assistants/coaches will follow their manger to pastures new. Even if they don't, the most important thing is the manager as everything flows from the top. 

The discussion about whether or not to replace Bruce should (imo) be based on the individual. I'm not saying coaches don't matter, of course they do, but I'm not entirely convinced that will play to big a part in any decision. It will boil to Bruce v (XYZ).

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

I think the owners and CE will be meeting to agree the arrangements for termination: terms, timing, process, PR, consequential dismissals, and replacements.

I would expect all that to be properly thought through before action is taken.  But I would expect it to happen promptly.

I hope you are correct mate .

I think he’ll be gone this week OR he’ll stay till the next two consecutive losses.  That’s based on Purslow settling on a long term plan, and the right manager to make that happen.  If he moves quickly it will be this week   If not he’ll wait and do it the next time results will give him cover   

No matter what, I feel confident Bruce will be gone before Christmas. (Of course I was confident he would be gone before last Christmas too).

I hope for the first of those options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

To be fair grasshopper went silent long ago.  When everything you post is ridiculed to the point that it feels like a personal attack, it’s hard to find the incentive to post.  

I’ve gone silent for periods of time all throughout the Bruce saga 

EDIT:  the point is that we’re all villa fans and scoring points on someone with whom you disagree is pointless.  It’s like the idiots fighting in the stands.  

Fair comment and I hear what you say - I disagree though it's really not like those idiots you speak off - and I'm sure BFHAV won't mind me saying - he is not shy of stating his opinions and can hold his own with anyone on most topics on here.

25 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think that’s highly relevant....further to the dialogue earlier today, even if the owners have a guy in mind, he in turn will need a coaching team. One more reason I don’t foresee any change for some time.

Surely if they have a guy in mind, the coaching staff he requires will also be in their thoughts. The two go hand in hand. These guys are serious, all angles will be considered. If he stays I think it’s because they haven’t got a replacement and his team ready to step in, but none of us know the time scale or the level of negotiations that have taken place with both any potential replacements or indeed Steve Bruce’s representatives re compensation. If anything is happening at all of course. The CEO official appointment may facilitate a speeding up of the process. 

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

Oh i agree that we shouldn't be making knee jerk reactions without thorough assessment, the one caveat to that is that i don't  believe such an important decision like that of CEO has been decided overnight. Whilst it was only announced on Thursday, i would be suprised if CP has known about this appointment for weeks. So it's not behond the realms of possibility to suggest that thorough assessment has already been completed.  

So i think the decision will probably already have been made. If the decision is replace Bruce, I'd expect a replacement to named imminently. If he is still here in 3/4 weeks, i think I'd possibly be leaning towards the assumption that he has the boards backing. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely if they have a guy in mind, the coaching staff he requires will also be in their thoughts. The two go hand in hand. These guys are serious, all angles will be considered. If he stays I think it’s because they haven’t got a replacement and his team ready to step in, but none of us know the time scale or the level of negotiations that have taken place with both any potential replacements or indeed Steve Bruce’s representatives re compensation. If anything is happening at all of course. The CEO official appointment may facilitate a speeding up of the process. 

Yes, that’s what I meant.

I agree with all this.

• Like 1

Â