Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Why is he still here????  New owners could lose a lot of good will if they hang around.  I guess they are worried that acting too soon might have the same effect.  But surely no-one can seriously be arguing that Bruce is the right man for the job now.  They could hide behind abnormal stats but this has been a bad start to the season - struggling against teams that we should have been beating easily, poor performance after poor performance, disjointed team selections and a hugely risky approach to rebuilding (specifically the glaring hole(s) in defence). What crisis Bruce asked the other day - this ****ing crisis Steve.  The one that everyone bar you seems to have seen coming for weeks.  I appreciate that pre-season was tough due to matters behind the scenes and that the early transfer deadline didn't help but the loan window has just been bizarre and your team selections are frankly baffling.  No wonder the players don't know what the **** to do.

If he played DeLaet at RB and Tuanzebe at CB we'd immediately be stronger defensively. You know why? COS PEOPLE ARE PLAYING IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS!

I'm already a better manager than Bruce and I'm available for the job with an immediate start. I'll only ask for £2000 per week.

• Like 3

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Preseason - Doesnt help that you persist with a formation that you never use once come start of regular season.  May as well have played no games and just ran the **** out of players to get them fit.  Another example of how inept his management is.

There's definitely a 'pub team' mentality at play here, it's like big Dave the centre back who turns up spewing Saturday nights pills and reeking of Carlsberg "Spesh" fancies a game up front today and Steve the gaffer/plasterer thinks "why not? Should be a laugh."

Inept and amateurish to say the very least, this international break is the perfect time to cut our losses with the bloke, but I've no doubt, in true charming teflon style he'll blag his way into another full season of getting payed handsomely for doing very little.

word removed! 

#Bruxit

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

nobody gets sacked after one (league) defeat   ...regardless of previous seasons ineptness the owners will give him a few more defeats 

Three points from Ipswich, Reading and Brentford is as good as two more defeats.

• Like 2

He’ll get the Blackburn game. Unless they hammer us, he’ll get the Rotherham game four days later. Assuming we win that one will mean he gets the Sheffield Wednesday game.

A worry I have is in the next six games we won’t see an improvement in performance but we’ll still scrape just enough points before the next international break for the decision makers to be reluctant to act. Around 10 points from the next six would probably be just about enough to keep him in the job.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Just woke up, very disappointed he hasnt been sacked. 

If they are giving him another few games to see what he can do, then they haven't done their homework and might as well write the season off 

• Haha 1

Ian Taylor would step in for a few weeks I am sure whilst we look for a permie.  By heck he would inject some pride and passion back into the team. #bruxit

Edited by allani

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

He’ll get the Blackburn game. Unless they hammer us, he’ll get the Rotherham game four days later. Assuming we win that one will mean he gets the Sheffield Wednesday game.

My main worry is in the next six games we won’t see an improvement in performance but we’ll still scrape just enough points before the next international break for the decision makers to be reluctant to act. Around 10 points from the next six would probably be just about enough to keep him in the job.

I would agree with this if it were still Wyness and Xia in charge but precedent has shown new owners to have far less patience. Bruce has no one to defend him at board level like Wyness might've done as he hired him. I reckon Purslow has his list drawn up already and is flat out on the phone at the moment.

8 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I would agree with this if it were still Wyness and Xia in charge but precedent has shown new owners to have far less patience. Bruce has no one to defend him at board level like Wyness might've done as he hired him. I reckon Purslow has his list drawn up already and is flat out on the phone at the moment.

True. I hope that’s the case.

Well what I actually hope is we win the next 40 games with Bruce or whoever in charge. What I mean is, if we do continue to do have sub par performances and sub par results, I hope they’re not afraid of acting.

21 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

New CEO also is personally invested in the club, so won;t be hesitant to act

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If he played DeLaet at RB and Tuanzebe at CB we'd immediately be stronger defensively. You know why? COS PEOPLE ARE PLAYING IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS!

I'm already a better manager than Bruce and I'm available for the job with an immediate start. I'll only ask for £2000 per week.

Yeah but would you play RDL as FB or as DFB?

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'll do it for £1999.99.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Don’t be ridiculous! How on earth could you know more about football than Steve Bruce? He has got 4 promotions and got to the play off final last year.

He knows what he is doing, and you sir are talking nonsense.

• Haha 2

Unfortunately I believe it will take 3-4 more defeats to even trigger any thoughts of sacking Bruce at the club. We are currently second guessing what the owners want / might do, i fear it will have to get a lot worse before it gets better I just hope the owners realise in time and sack Bruce before this season is a write off.

Since he’s still here, and there’s still “radio silence”, I think they are rushing the search for his replacement and will wait till that’s settled before acting.  

I wouldn't. His year payout starts the day you fire him. Why keep paying him in the wait time?  Agnew could be interim.  It would be cheaper.  (Lower wage bill)  might even see a bounce while we finish the deal for the young, continental, attacking tactician coming soon.  (To be named later)

Edited by srsmithusa

Â