Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Embarrassing 

Why is it embarassing? People are actively sharing their views, and doing so in a non-violent way.

You don't have to like it, I'm not signing it. If you're looking for something to label embarassing, our performance on the pitch could be a place to start.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

There were 2 or 3 times in the past 12 months Bruce should have went and he didn’t. Unfortunately I think this is the next of these occasions.  He will be given a chance to play Bolasie and Abraham. Hes on borrowed time though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Only 9635 signatures needed until parliament gets to debate Jedinak at CB and Tuanzebe at RB. Good news?

I for one cant even think of this being a parliamentary debate, as much as the whole situation is annoying, i would laugh my ass off for the entire season if it became a politics debate..

Would be even more funny if the priminister was the one to sack Steve Bruce.

Edited by Dave-R

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just remember, there are two kinds of football manager: those that have failed, and those that are going to fail. 

That’ really is true.  Whoever is next will eventually need replaced.   It is always thus.  SAF might be the poster for a successful manager but it eventually came time to replace him. 

I believe the owners plan is to get us promoted this season. they will know if we don't, we will be in the shit financially. 

An for the record, I doubt they will be happy with Bruce throwing half the players under the bus. How will the owners see the morale at there new club if the manager slags the players. Not a good move in my eyes, certainly won't earn him any brownie points!

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

If I was in charge, I would make Agnew interim and go ahead and pull the plug on Bruce.   But alas, I am not in charge.  

Those that are, thought in August it would be better to stick with him.  I think they have changed their mind, but are holding on to find a long term option.  

I’d hope we could sack Bruce and his staff knowing that a new man is ready to come straight in as manager , similar to the way clubs like spurs , Man City and Southampton have done - it may seem ruthless  but there is not time to waste with interims .

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’d hope we could sack Bruce and his staff knowing that a new man is ready to come straight in as manager , similar to the way clubs like spurs , Man City and Southampton have done - it may seem ruthless  but there is not time to waste with interims .

This, it would be daft to sack your manager then start looking, same as you and I wouldn’t quit our jobs before lining up another. We could be stuck with the interim for a long period otherwise, then desperation kicks in and you appoint anyone who will take it aka Pardew.

The phone calls and meetings behind the scenes will be going on, and if they get the nod from a preferred target then the trigger will be pulled. I just hope the new CEO has the contacts and pulling power to bring in someone decent and not another lamb to the slaughter.

It is well believed that when Beneitez was sacked at Liverpool, Purslow had been working behind the scenes for two weeks previous to get a new manager. It wasn’t so much that Benitez got the road, more the way in which he did pi$$ed of the supporters. I guess what im saying, Bruce won’t get the boot to someone is lined up to come straight in.

41 minutes ago, Risso said:

That's not the impression I get at all.  They've clearly taken steps this season to try to mitigate FFP, but you can only rummage down the back of the metaphorical sofa once.  Next season our parachute payments run out altogether, so if we don't go up this season things are going to be quite tricky on that front.  

I think there's a lessening of our problems next year - I may be completely wrong, but at the moment, the three year period they use to do the working out for FFP includes our relegation season where we lost something like £80m plus - the year after we lost around a quarter of that and I suspect it'll be less last year and this year - when we're calculating from those three seasons, I think we're nearer our FFP aims - I think that will more than offset the parachute payments in 2019-20. 

My strong feeling is that they want and expect to go up this season, and that the only reason the utterly inept Steve Bruce wasn't replaced in the summer was that they invested too late.

I think when they came in, they'd have looked at it and realised that promotion this year was unlikely given their starting point -  I think the business we're doing suggests we're keen to spend money next summer, with loan deals that get converted to permanent deals in 2019. I think given that, rather than bring in their own man for the big push they've seen Bruce as a capable, low risk, low fuss option at a time of big changes in the football club and left him in place - a bit of safe continuity in a season of changes.

Of course none of that really matters, I agree with you at this point on Bruce - he's not been that capable, low risk, safe option thus far; he's apparently upset players, his football isn't good at all, and there doesn't seem to be an underlying system or plan that the new pieces slot into. The results are starting to follow the football we've seen from the start of the season. 

For me, it's almost a case of the new owners saying, "Okay, Mr Bruce, we'll give you a chance, the new players can initially settle into the club in the existing system, it must be okay, it got us to the play offs after all." What they're now realising is that there isn't actually an existing system - there's everyone behind the ball and wait for magic.

I really do hope they pot him ASAP.

I'm increasingly convinced we may not be able to forward with him - if that's the case, then I think sooner rather than later is the way to go. I like him, he's a nice bloke, a genuine man and someone who I think cares, but I think it's gotten away from him and I think he's tangled himself up in knots.

The squad is so unbalanced and so weak in some areas though that it might be worth keeping him until January so that we don't have another manager that gets ruined while they're playing a team with some big names that they're constantly told should be able to finish in a promotion spot - and dealing with the reality of a squad with one centre half, one left back and a dodgy keeper.

The only case I can see at the moment for keeping him in the short term is this; our bedsheets are brown, it might be worth letting this manager lie in his own mess until we can change them rather than getting any of the stink on the next one..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Why is it embarassing? People are actively sharing their views, and doing so in a non-violent way.

You don't have to like it, I'm not signing it. If you're looking for something to label embarassing, our performance on the pitch could be a place to start.

Because it is. An online petition to ask for a manager to be sacked is so small time. 

Youre right. I don’t have to like it. I don’t. That’s why it’s embarrassing. 

As are the performances. That’s beside the point. 

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

If I was in charge, I would make Agnew interim and go ahead and pull the plug on Bruce.   But alas, I am not in charge.  

Those that are, thought in August it would be better to stick with him.  I think they have changed their mind, but are holding on to find a long term option.  

We can but hope.

From my understanding of the summer fiasco, when the new owners came in it was too late to affect any real change, so SB was kept on to pretty much keep us ticking over until our structure and backroom team could be sorted then a new manager to come and be the "face" of that would be brought in, someone in the Dean Smith mould, a head coach rather than manager really (chances are I made up that last bit in my head, but it makes sense and correlates with the Henry links) 

Those structures still aren't in place, the appointment of a new CEO is a start, but we need more than a CEO. If their plan is to clean sweep us and get started on a proper plan moving forward, the manager should be the last one to go really, so I think he's here for at least a few more months to give the next guy the best possible chance of success, whether that be this season, next season, or in 10 years time

To be honest it's a perfectly sensible decision, but it's going to cause disagreements on here because it means we're kind of in limbo for the time being, hoping SB keeps us "there or thereabouts" until we are ready to make the change 

• Like 2

Â