Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

He's losing the plot in his interviews, especially attacking the players. He'd have never of done that if Snoddy and Terry were in the group that played Saturday.

He came out on Saturday and said 3 players were struggling with knocks, 2 sentences later he's talking about wishing we had a game on Tuesday because of having to wait 2 weeks after a bad result. Errr no dickhead, you should be grateful for the 2 weeks and using it to a) let your players get fit and b) to instill some tactical awareness and confidence in the players you have available i.e. do your f**king job and stop relying on the fact you have a better set of players then any team in the division (well at least you would've if you'd signed a centre half). 

• Like 2

just to clarify- You guys would rather keep Bruce than have Hendrie, but would take your chance with Henry?

Bruce isn't going to listen to the fans no matter how much we all try get him to listen, but someone who is on the same page as you all could get somewhere with bruce or with the team perhaps?

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Mate, Lee Hendrie is a nutcase, granted he's seemingly got his shit in order, at the age of 40 odd but that's not the kind of person I'd want managing the club.

I once met Graham Taylor at a wedding and I asked him about Lee Hendrie, this was around a few years after his ill-fated second spell as Manager and his words to me were, 'Lee is so bad that he doesn't even know when he's lying any more himself'.

There were numerous stories about him, he was bankrupt almost as soon as he stopped earning a silly wage for kicking a ball around and just because he now appears on Sky sports does not justify him even being considered for the job.

I went to school with him at Park Hall in Castle Bromwich You are right he is a nutcase always was!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

just to clarify- You guys would rather keep Bruce than have Hendrie, but would take your chance with Henry?

Bruce isn't going to listen to the fans no matter how much we all try get him to listen, but someone who is on the same page as you all could get somewhere with bruce or with the team perhaps?

seriously? There is literally no comparison between Hendrie and Henry, despite how similar their names are. I can never see Hendrie in any form of football management, the best that he can hope for would be to maintain his position as a second-rate pundit. Henry I think will become a great manager in the future. 

As for would I want Henry here. Would I prefer Henry to Bruce, yes, I actually would. Would I prefer someone like Brendan Rodgers though, yes. How do I justify that? On the basis of my previous statement that we know Bruce will not get us promoted, so may as well take a chance on someone who might get get us promoted, but I would prefer if the "might" was a "will probably" instead.

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

seriously? There is literally no comparison between Hendrie and Henry, despite how similar their names are. I can never see Hendrie in any form of football management, the best that he can hope for would be to maintain his position as a second-rate pundit. Henry I think will become a great manager in the future. 

As for would I want Henry here. Would I prefer Henry to Bruce, yes, I actually would. Would I prefer someone like Brendan Rodgers though, yes. How do I justify that? On the basis of my previous statement that we know Bruce will not get us promoted, so may as well take a chance on someone who might get get us promoted, but I would prefer if the "might" was a "will probably" instead.

I'd prefer Lenny Henry to Bruce in all honesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Npt sure we can get these players to play to their full capabilities, when we still haven't seen Lansbury, Hourihane, Hogan, or anybody else Bruce has signed to do so.  It clearly takes Bruce a year and a half, or more to get players bedded in and performing at full capabilities.  I take it you expect it to be faster this time.  On what basis?

You can argue that Terry,Elmo,Snodgrass and Hourihane all played well enough last year. They are Bruce signings.

No manager has a 100% success rate with signings.

I am providing what seems to be alternate view on Bruce, we played very well for long periods ;last season the reason we didn't go up was the bad start we had.

This year the opportunity to NOT make such a bad start is still here... there is a possibility of at least 10 (if not 12) out of the next 12 points.

I think we can expect a reaction from Bruce and his team and I think we will get one too.

This is of course is my own opinion and not really based on this seasons dire performances but on my experiences of the championship and how transient from can be in this division. 

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn't want to replace Bruce with Hendrie or Henry, but given the choice between the latter two I'd choose Henry every day of the week.

I’m so sick of Bruce’s tenure...he’s had so many chances and I have lost hope that he will succeed here.

Why hasn’t he been sacked yet? He’s sticking around (again) isn’t he? ?

At this point I would welcome any new appointment and I don’t think this regime would target anyone “bad”.

I’d certainly welcome a Henry or Arteta type.

We desperately need a fresh approach, we’re going nowhere under this manager and I am so tired of the shit that has been served up since he’s been here. We are not improving in any sense.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

That is the crucial point for me.

We are getting turned over by players we would turn our nose up at signing.

That in itself tells a story.

It says it all. The worrying thing about Bruce for me is that the weaknesses in our team was meant to be his strength.

We all knew when he took over that football wasn't going to be great, that he probably wasn't the most exciting choice, But those of us that supported his appointment at least knew/thought we'd get fight, which is exactly what we had lacked for the preceding 4/5yrs. 

The big sell was his promotion record, like Warnock at Cardiff we all thought he would he would build a squad that was stronger than the sum of its parts that would kick and bully its way to promotion.

As you say, the very opposite is true and the team is much weaker than its parts.

And whilst there are quality players in the squad, we also have guys like Elmo, Hourihane, Taylor, and Lansbury who look to be scared of their own shadows, weak, weak players. The scottish cafu chants i think probably started as a pretty ironic bit of fun but have quickly become a genuine affection for a player that was on the scrap not long ago, and why? Because he's one of the very few that looks as though he gives a sh#t, and as fans we expect that as a minimum. 

This was meant to be Bruces strength wasn't it? 

I could except the sh#t football if i saw fight every single week, but we aren't even getting that. 

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

You can argue that Terry,Elmo,Snodgrass and Hourihane all played well enough last year. They are Bruce signings.

No manager has a 100% success rate with signings.

I am providing what seems to be alternate view on Bruce, we played very well for long periods ;last season the reason we didn't go up was the bad start we had.

This year the opportunity to NOT make such a bad start is still here... there is a possibility of at least 10 (if not 12) out of the next 12 points.

I think we can expect a reaction from Bruce and his team and I think we will get one too.

This is of course is my own opinion and not really based on this seasons dire performances but on my experiences of the championship and how transient from can be in this division. 

So basically just hope.    And the list of those that stagnated or clearly declined is much longer than the list that “arguably” improved. terry? Improved under Bruce.  That’s your counter? Teflon it is.  

• Like 1

Â