Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Doubt it but the next week is as good a time as any to get someone in with two weeks training to remind them all how to play football.

Be great to be proactive club and bin him off after the Sheff U game. Our Adkins -> Pochettino moment.

Yes I completely agree , with this team we should be scoring goals for fun which would help to compensate for the weaknesses in defence , we should be playing football like we did against Brentford week in week out and I think that's only going to happen with a change.

We should be able to kill off games like that, with the players in our side.

One moment that particularly stood out to me was Jedinak chipping the ball at the corner without looking, and then telling El Ghazi he should be out there on the touch line to bring it down instead of coming infield to play football with the midfield. We know it’s a Bruce tactic with Elmo but this guy wants to get on the ball and attack and we still play the ‘soccer’ equivalent of an onside kick?

I’m off the fence, I don’t want to set piece our way up and get **** in the Premier League. Such a waste today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Ah, I missed around half time as the stream kept getting messed up.

This is our biggest problem, for me - we don't seem to contain attacks that well.  Teams will always get a chance against us and it will seemingly always be a really good chance.

Yep I agree. I wa saying to the guys next to me that when we make a mistake we normally get punished for it, whereas today there were a few instances where it looked like we got away with it. And then the penalty was given.

If we had won today, I would have been happier obviously, as we all would, but I would still feel the result would be papering over the problems.

Steve " i just feel we are one or two short at the minute " Bruce. Trouble is Steve, with you at the helm, we always will be. If im sawiris or edens this evening and you've got serious now after the giddy period of acquiring a new club has passed, I'm having someone look through this guys managerial career with a fine tooth comb. From his ridiculous turnover of players at Sunderland, his inability to coach youth players, begrudgingly giving them a game in the first team. List is endless.

Steve " i just feel we are one or two short at the minute " Bruce. Trouble is Steve, with you at the helm, we always will be. If im sawiris or edens this evening and you've got serious now after the giddy period of acquiring a new club has passed, I'm having someone look through this guys managerial career with a fine tooth comb. From his ridiculous turnover of players at Sunderland, his inability to coach youth players, begrudgingly giving them a game in the first team. List is endless.

Just now, blunther said:

I keep looking at Leeds and thinking what a difference a new manager could make. 

It's about having some ambition as well. Great work by Leeds going and getting a manager like that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

It's about having some ambition as well. Great work by Leeds going and getting a manager like that.

Definitely, fair play to them. Bruce seems a good guy but he’s not the man to get this team of good players to play the game they’re capable of. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Can a Bruce supporter please point out to me what you are seeing because I’m bewildered as to why you’d think he was a good manager. 

We were all over the place a couple of years ago. He came in and steadied the ship and started us on the road to getting results. I just don’t think he can go to the next level. This is the problem in football in that you don’t seem to sack a manager unless they start being proper shit. It should be ‘job done, thanks for your work, now on to the next’. There’s only Southampton I can think of doing that recently when they got rid of Adkins. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

I keep looking at Leeds and thinking what a difference a new manager could make. 

They're really showing us up.

Someone mentioned when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and hired Pochettino despite Adkins leading them to back to back promotions.

I hope our owners can make a bold move like that. Bruce has done a lot of great work for us which is not lost on most of us, but he's not the man to take us forward...even if we do end up scraping promotion. I hope the owners get the right football people in to make that decision and bring in the right man.

• Like 2

Just saw on Twitter that last season we had 8 points from the same fixtures. One less than we currently have and that doesn't include Wigan who were in League One. 

We're certainty not in a better position than last season. 

12 minutes ago, blunther said:

Right now, who could possibly argue with that? Playing something like one new player and look a different quality to us. I'll add one thing though, they looks more youthful side to us so maybe they have more energy to play their pressing game? I could well be proven wrong though!

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Pretty much everyone is blaming Bruce.  "Teflon", lol.

You must be new to this Bruce out world.  His chief protectors will lay low for a while.   Too many frustrated with the loss for them to “reason” with.   They’ll be back soon.  It will be the fault of the ref and a rash challenge.  Ignoring the fact that, while it was a rash challenge and a shaky call, the manager is responsible for making sure we are good enough that one silly moment won’t undo us.  

That reasoning applies to RDM, but not to Teflon.  

Â