Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, PhilGibson said:

He is just too negative in his mindset. He will not change and therefore we will end up going nowhere. We need a change.

Crazy.  People don't actually watch matches.  We were far better against both Brentford and Reading and played attacking football.

Normal service resumed from Bruce. Again shows that the type of performance we have seen against Brentford and in the past Wolves and Bristol City are completely the exception and todays type of performance is the norm. He has to go and go quickly so that we can remain in the mix for promotion. International break at the latest please NSWE.

Edited by eholm
  • Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Crazy.  People don't actually watch matches.  We were far better against both Brentford and Reading and played attacking football.

I get the feeling though that this just does not suit him, he knows he has to do this but he is not naturally suited. 

• Like 3

Just now, jacketspuds said:

My concern is that we can't finish teams off at home. Brentford should have been 3 down before scoring against us and now this. If a striker isn't brought in we will fall even further behind in this league.

It's not just about getting a striker in.

- Why don't we get balls played in behind defenders?

-  why do our wingers fail to make runs in behind fullbacks?

- Why do our creative players spend too much time either sitting deep or heading out wide?

- Even when we are playing well (past two games) the movement isn't great and it holds up any decent play we make. What do they do in training?

If we use the ball better we get better opportunities, more chances to shoot, more time in behind their defence. I can't remember many times we have fed the ball behind for strikers and wingers to run onto. It's always to their feet and then they have to do the hard work of taking on defenders, by then they have midfielders back to cover any potential crosses.

• Like 3

Get him out now please. Reading are on the floor. No points, no confidence and absolutely garbage away from home. We should be smashing them. Bruce is a goon man but a truly awful manager. Out out out and out!!!!!! Football should be much more enjoyable than this rubbish!!!!!

I’ve always been supportive but just felt today that the Kodjia/Taylor substitution was a horrible, horrible decision. Both for the message it sent out and the fact that the last thing you need at that stage of the game is the defence worrying about reorganising and who is covering what.

Edited by WhatAboutTheFinish
  • Like 1

I was reading the live reports on the BBC, they were saying that at 3-0 up Leeds were still pushing for more. Front foot football is what we  want. I praised Bruce for recognising we needed to attack Brentford because we didn’t have a good enough defence to keep them out. Seems like he didn’t recognise anything of the sort and we are just continuing as we have for the last two years. Random results from equally random performances with little or no indication of what the overall plan is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Won’t be here in the new year at this rate. Has had chances to resolve things and will no doubt get more time but can’t see things changing. Dropping far too many points already.

Well considering the ridiculous fixtures we have over Christmas our only chance was to get a lot of points on the board between now and then against the shitter teams and he can't even manage that.

I really don't understand why the club is so reluctant to get rid of him.

He's proven to be limited tactically time and time again but you would think we have pep as manager the way the media harp on about him.

Just get rid, enough self harm has been done to the club already.

I don't buy the bullshit about someday were going to click this is his 3rd year now and he's still making the same stupid mistakes and picking square pegs in round holes.

Enough is enough his sacking is long overdue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I get the feeling though that this just does not suit him, he knows he has to do this but he is not naturally suited. 

From what I gather with what the new owners want in terms of what they have said and the players we have signed, Bruce unfortunately is sticking out like a sore thumb as he can’t deliver the owners vision. It just isn’t him and deep down he knows it.

• Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How dare Bruce make Chester lose his head and dive in like that. 

Bruce has to go. 

I think I need a break from this site. It’s absolutely ridiculous whenever we don’t win a game. I’ll see you when it’s calmed down. 

Yes, because that's why everyone is upset, got nothing to do with the fact that we should have been out of sight to the point where that happening at the end of the match should not have affected the result, OR that this is all too familiar.

Come off it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In both games, we've bossed them for huge periods but been unable to convert our dominance into a 2 or 3 goal lead.  To call it defensive is utterly bonkers.

It may well not suit him, but we've played well.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce has to go. 

I think I need a break from this site. It’s absolutely ridiculous whenever we don’t win a game. I’ll see you when it’s calmed down. 

Couldn't beat the two bottom teams of the Championship, one of them had 10 men. Required a last minute winner v newly promoted Wigan and needed a last minute goal v Brentford to get a draw. Also despite it being a cup game we were lucky to beat Yeovil.

This isn't an overreaction, performances are below par and so are the results. We haven't even played anyone decent yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I was reading the live reports on the BBC, they were saying that at 3-0 up Leeds were still pushing for more. Front foot football is what we  want. I praised Bruce for recognising we needed to attack Brentford because we didn’t have a good enough defence to keep them out. Seems like he didn’t recognise anything of the sort and we are just continuing as we have for the last two years. Random results from equally random performances with little or no indication of what the overall plan is. 

We had almost twice as many shots today as Leeds did.

Lack of front foot football?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce has to go. 

There we go.

The fact of the matter is, other teams have players who make mistakes, but when it happens to us it AFFECTS US, because we don't control and kill of games. That comes down to management, we do not MANAGE games (clue in manage). Secondly, we are making mistakes regularly, nothing changes, that is a training ground issue. It keeps happening. 

Thus. That is why Bruce is to blame.

Funny that when we had the 7-game run, Bruce was lavished with praise. Why didn't the players get the praise then? They are the ones who make the mistakes or score goals, not Bruce!

Unbeaten this season? Well done the players!

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce has to go. 

It’s not the results on their own, it’s the manner of them. Good sides generally put sides like Reading to bed. The best we’ve played all season was Wednesday and even then we only played for an hour and almost lost. 

• Like 1

Â