Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How dare Bruce make Chester lose his head and dive in like that. 

Bruce has to go. 

I think I need a break from this site. It’s absolutely ridiculous whenever we don’t win a game. I’ll see you when it’s calmed down. 

Ah not that old chestnut again, I assume it's the players fault we dropped points again eh? ?

We were at home against Reading ffs we should be enough goals up with the players we have to not worry about a player giving away a penalty in injury time.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How dare Bruce make Chester lose his head and dive in like that. 

Bruce has to go. 

I think I need a break from this site. It’s absolutely ridiculous whenever we don’t win a game. I’ll see you when it’s calmed down. 

Basically, yes.  It's ridiculous after every game in any case tbh.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Ah not that old chestnut again, I assume it's the players fault we dropped points again eh? .

We were at home against Reading ffs we should be enough goals up with the players we have to not worry about a player giving away a penalty in injury time.

:detect: 

• Haha 2

Plenty of time for promotion if we bin this fossil off.

It's astonishing how bad with are with this team in this division.

Zero idea or plan ever. Any positive play comes through individual players' decisions. Usually Grealish.

Brentford in the week never stopped playing and ended up taking a point they probably didn't deserve. When we conceded, it was panic and hoof. We ended up grabbing the equaliser with Kodj getting on the end of a deflected cross. And that is what Bruce needs: luck. Luck, and the best team in the division, then he might just get you into the play-offs.

Today was flat, but it looked like we were sneaking a win. We hardly did anything with incisiveness or pace second half though, it was all ponderous. How on earth they weren't already 1-1 from that chance on about 80 mins I don't know.

Stupid Chester challenge that late on, even if he took some of the ball. Don't dive in that position so late on. That's what Bruce will focus on I'd imagine. Not us playing like crap again.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

That right there is exactly why we'll never go anywhere under Steve Bruce. Good performances are without fail always followed up with terrible ones. 

Reading were abysmal and that's how we play against them. 

Just now, Farlz said:

That right there is exactly why we'll never go anywhere under Steve Bruce. Good performances are without fail always followed up with terrible ones. 

Reading were abysmal and that's how we play against them. 

We dominated and should've been out of sight.  This, presumably, is not what we should be playing like?

60% possession, twice as many shots and we are too defensive?

We are absolutely shit up front, that is the problem. Kodija on his own is no real threat to anyone. Sure he'll have his moments but we are so easy to keep out because we have no variety to our attacks

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

We are absolutely shit up front, that is the problem. Kodija on his own is no real threat to anyone. Sure he'll have his moments but we are so easy to keep out because we have nothing to scare anyone

It's a mix for me.  We miss chances, but perhaps more importantly, teams always seem to get chances against us.  Reading and Brentford didn't really do much at all, but still had the better chances in both games.  Our defence just doesn't look great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We had almost twice as many shots today as Leeds did.

Lack of front foot football?

If it’s down to stats then how about Leeds scored three times as many goals as us away from home and conceded none. At home we managed a point against a team that had no points before today. 

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

We are absolutely shit up front, that is the problem. Kodija on his own is no real threat to anyone. Sure he'll have his moments but we are so easy to keep out because we have nothing to scare anyone

There it is. We might have good ability to press, but we don't do enough. Bruce pouts three men in midfield, he won't trust RHM alongside Kodjia, and we don't try any tactic other than crossing the ball. No thorugh balls, no link passing, no movement. 

Pass to feet wide (or chest and head to knock down) > They have to take on a defender > cross.

One striker available against 3/4 defenders.

Tactics fail us.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

If it’s down to stats then how about Leeds scored three times as many goals as us away from home and conceded none. At home we managed a point against a team that had no points before today. 

Reading got 2 points for that draw then?

Leeds put away their chances - that's all that matters - but don't go moaning about us not being on the front foot, when we played on the front foot all the time.  I'd guess you weren't watching, saw the Leeds score and thought "oh ****, we've been so shit".  Classic VT.

Crazy.  People don't actually watch matches.  We were far better against both Brentford and Reading and played attacking football.

Attacking football is not just strikers trying to run at defenders on their own , blindly shooting into walls of defenders, trying to wiggle thru 3-4 defenders instead of looking for teammates etc. 

Proper attacking football is attacking as a unit, always looking for your teammates in better position , unselfish teammates making runs to draw defenders away to creat space & opening etc. 

None of our players are doing these , so I really wonder what they do in trainning ??

Just now, Digavilla said:

Attacking football is not just strikers trying to run at defenders on their own , blindly shooting into walls of defenders, trying to wiggle thru 3-4 defenders instead of looking for teammates etc. 

Proper attacking football is attacking as a unit, always looking for your teammates in better position , unselfish teammates making runs to draw defenders away to creat space & opening etc. 

None of our players are doing these , so I really wonder what they do in trainning ??

I agree, and have been critical of Kodjia being this player for a long time.  He's our best striker too, though.

It's a mix for me.  We miss chances, but perhaps more importantly, teams always seem to get chances against us.  Reading and Brentford didn't really do much at all, but still had the better chances in both games.  Our defence just doesn't look great.

Our defence also has 3 players in it that are not in their correct positions. 

Â