Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

He steadied the ship when he came in pulled everybody together ill give him that, but we really need to kick on now. Lets be honest with ourselves whether your  bruce in or bruce out, things arent gonna suddenly change, were not gonna go out and blow teams away week in week out which is what we have to do. Im hoping the club see sense and remove him from his postion asap. Its inevitable he will be gone in 10 games time, lets give ourselves a chance and get someone with a clear vision of what has to be done with this team to get us out this league

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

For the avoidance of any doubt here - I don't think anyone is being played out of position, with the possible exception of Jedinak; who looks like he may well be a CB for the rest of his career anyway.  Hutton is now a left back and has been playing there for a while and doing well.  Tuanzebe can apparently play a variety of positions and is playing is one of them - likewise El Mohamady down the right of the pitch.  So, aside from maybe Jedinak, I don't think anyone is playing out of position.

I think they are and whilst it might be ok short term for players like Hutton to fill in (and do a good job), it impacts us long term - and especially harms out defence that we have 3 players in weaker positions.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Erm forget their late collapse they have out played a very good forest side away from home and battered Swansea.

Yet we can't beat a 10 man ipswich side, a rubbish reading side and struggled to beat Yeovil town.  Are you telling me your happy with bruces performance so far this season??

It's been poor like last year and will be playing catch up again

On what basis are Forest very good?  They're below us having played similar teams.  I couldn't give a shit about Blues and don't really see why they're being brought up anyway.

I'm happy with the performance in the last 2 games, yes.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

AEM shouldn't be playing right midfield, I don't mind him as a player but he's much better at RB. Had a good partnership with Snodgrass last season and his crosses are more effective from a deeper posiiton.

But he was there today and scored.  What a terrible decision?

When you look at guys like Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, Bree, guys that Bruce has signed that barely get a look in, Bruce is practically on his second squad build and the only consistent performers are those that he inherited. Consider the amount of loans players currently in the squad and failure to go up this season will mean a 3rd rebuild.

How long, and how many squads will this guy be allowed to build before we start to realise that the problem isn't with players? Rather than the prat in charge?

This is his 3rd season and by the end of the window nearly half the first 11 will be loans, and we will have a old midfielder at CB. Think about that for a minute, 3yrs and we have a shot midfielder at CB. 

The bloke can't build a squad, he can't instil a cohesive style of play, and in the case of Lansbury, Hogan, Bree, Taylor, he can't even get his own signings to perform. So what exactly is the bloke good at? 

He has to go, and he has to go now. 

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

I think they are and whilst it might be ok short term for players like Hutton to fill in (and do a good job), it impacts us long term - and especially harms out defence that we have 3 players in weaker positions.

Surely it has no bearing on us long term.  They're either in the wrong position right now and that's the problem or there's just no issue.

Presumably you think we should play De Laet, Chester, Tuanzebe (as left sided CB?!) and Taylor?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But he was there today and scored.  What a terrible decision?

Yes he scored but he slows us down far too much on counter attacks. To me he's a right back playing out of position.

If he's playing in that position in my mind we only have one other attacker on the pitch aside from Kodjia so just a negative move to me.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yes he scored but he slows us down far too much on counter attacks. To me he's a right back playing out of position.

If he's playing in that position in my mind we only have one other attacker on the pitch aside from Kodjia so just a negative move to me.

Bit weird being a negative move if he's in the box and scoring!

He shouldn't be first choice right winger though - and I don't think he is/will be.  Likely Bolasie will be on that side?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lets be honest here, has any manager ever been sacked while unbeaten in a season. He will only go when the losses come 

Very true. Im just hoping the owners know what it takes to get up (wins wins and more wins) and see sense. spluttering along winning a couple, drawing a few and the odd defeat (repeat) wont get us up

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Surely it has no bearing on us long term.  They're either in the wrong position right now and that's the problem or there's just no issue.

Presumably you think we should play De Laet, Chester, Tuanzebe (as left sided CB?!) and Taylor?

RDL, JC, AT, AH.

You pick up on AT playing left sided defence. Jedi, a right footed midfielder is currently there.

Long term it impacts us because we need to bed players in now for the end of the season. Not expect them to come into a team later on when we are expected to be charging for promotion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick said:

RDL, JC, AT, AH.

You pick up on AT playing left sided defence. Jedi, a right footed midfielder is currently there.

Long term it impacts us because we need to bed players in now for the end of the season. Not expect them to come into a team later on when we are expected to be charging for promotion.

So you'd continue playing someone who you consider to be out of position, in a position that you don't feel he should be in - but this is also why Bruce is so wrong?

Interesting.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lets be honest here, has any manager ever been sacked while unbeaten in a season. He will only go when the losses come 

That’s the upsetting thing. He’ll always just do enough to keep his job, especially with the players at his disposal. Hope the new owners see this. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit weird being a negative move if he's in the box and scoring!

He shouldn't be first choice right winger though - and I don't think he is/will be.  Likely Bolasie will be on that side?

I imagine so. I felt today Adomah should've played on the right which was his actual position at Boro of course. He was fine v Brentford so don't understand him on the bench unless he had a knock.

AEM is fine at RB.

Hutton's an interesting one. There is no doubt he's been excellent defensively at LB the last year. However many times today and indeed Wednesday, we're breaking quickly, ball is moved to his side and instead of a first time cross or even shot he has to cut back due to no confidence in his left foot. Another example of slowing the play down.

Unless Joe Bryan was just a punt it's a position we did want to strengthen although don't know if it's changed due to all the attackers we're signing.

The world and their Auntie could see what way this season was going to go. Same old same old. Its just unfortunate some of our fans couldn’t, who responded to a stupid, bias half assed poll ran by a click bate newspaper website.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 2

I think we've seen major improvements over the last two games, this is how I want us to play. We are winning possession, creating many chances, we press high up and have the whole team further up the field. We are attacking in different ways instead of just kicking it out wide or in the channels. It leaves us more exposed at the back, but it's the way forward.

I have been very critical of Bruce at times, and at times wanted him gone, but I don't understand the wish for him to go at the moment when we are playing the best football we have for several years.

There is of course still much to do, we have to be better in the final third and convert our chances, but that will come. Especially when we play Bolasie and El Ghazi who are proper wide forwards.

I would have wished that we played this way a year ago, then by this time we would perhaps have clicked fully and also know what to do in the final third. But it is what it is and we are atm playing very well. Disrupting that by changing manager in this moment doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

On a side note Tuanzebe played on the left side in the Man U 3 man central defense during  pre season against Milan, Real Madrid and Liverpool...

Oooh, fair - did not know this at all.  He's fine there, let's bring him in.

Â