Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Adomah is an average player. One season wonder for us. Even Harewood managed to bang in double figures in one season in the Premier League. Doesn’t mean he was a good player and would do it every season.

I’m happier when Albert isn’t on the team sheet. The quality level drops when he is on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Last season his best performances came after he was dropped and he had a point to prove. Maybe that will happen again after this latest episode when he gets his next chance. Now there’s a nice thought in addition to the extra firepower we have now.

Agree, some players are motivated by kind words and an arm around them, some need a rocket or to lose their place to kick them on again. Hopefully Albert will come good again if/when he gets the chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Theres more to this than just Albert playing poor. 

Look at the Johnny Kodja thread, only weeks ago many where lambasting him,, get rid - gave up on him almost.

... Until he saved the game against Brentford.

Bruce's shit man management and overall poor management of the club is on a downward spiral faster than ever.

Shit man management? Are you for real? He's pulled the dressing room round 100% since he came in, resurrected Jack's career and brought in leaders like Chester and Terry. Whatever you think, the players respect him so your point is on the verge of stupidity. Sorry mate, you might not like him either as a person or for his success (or lack of) until now but to say his man management is shit is just utterly ridiculous.

Have a day off from yourself.

5 minutes ago, London Villa said:

Shit man management? Are you for real? He's pulled the dressing room round 100% since he came in, resurrected Jack's career and brought in leaders like Chester and Terry. Whatever you think, the players respect him so your point is on the verge of stupidity. Sorry mate, you might not like him either as a person or for his success (or lack of) until now but to say his man management is shit is just utterly ridiculous.

From having an opinion?

He may very well have pulled the dressing room round in his near full two seasons in charge that is fine. My concern as a whole is that the dressing room he had turned around could just as quick start turning toxic against him. 

Resurrected Jack's Career, granted, but didn't stop him practically touting him for sale in July rather than possibly focus on selling the umpteen crocks of shit first that he himself has signed but yet hardly plays them!

Yes he brought leaders into the club - only temporarily, and in the end counted for nothing but a play off defeat rather than the automatic promotion that he had the rescoures to easily achieve.

What players respect him? Could you care to share a list of your findings of who these players are exactly as from where I am sitting he has lost the respect of many within the space of 5 days - half of which he has signed in his tenure.

Some of his man management is very questionable of late - shit was possibly the wrong choice of wording, just as his team selections have been too.

Have a day off from myself?  Thanks for your permission pal.  ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eholm said:

Against popular opinion, TRO, but I do tend to agree with your post. My main issue with the near release of him was that we had just let Green go who would have massively benefitted had AA gone. Again, I’m not really seeing Bruce’s overall logic; not necessarily on the individual player but on the ‘bigger picture’ of the squad. 

I have seen nothing from Green to suggest he is in the groove to be part of a team that has promotion aspirations.....or AA for that matter.

Andre Green, needs to find some intensity to his game.

Its very difficult for a young player to come in and expect everyone to wait for his form to appear....hence the manager has decided to let him go out on loan to help him find it, without the pressures of results.

I like Adomah but if we were considering releasing him on a free to sign for someone else, then doesn’t it show that not one team all summer was interested in paying money for him? A little worried what story that tells...

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

From having an opinion?

He may very well have pulled the dressing room round in his near full two seasons in charge that is fine. My concern as a whole is that the dressing room he had turned around could just as quick start turning toxic against him. 

Resurrected Jack's Career, granted, but didn't stop him practically touting him for sale in July rather than possibly focus on selling the umpteen crocks of shit first that he himself has signed but yet hardly plays them!

Yes he brought leaders into the club - only temporarily, and in the end counted for nothing but a play off defeat rather than the automatic promotion that he had the rescoures to easily achieve.

What players respect him? Could you care to share a list of your findings of who these players are exactly as from where I am sitting he has lost the respect of many within the space of 5 days - half of which he has signed in his tenure.

Some of his man management is very questionable of late - shit was possibly the wrong choice of wording, just as his team selections have been too.

There's plenty of things to slate Bruce for without picking out his strengths and trying to explain them into weaknesses. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

From having an opinion?

Touted Grealish for sale? Really? It was common knowledge we were in a financial shit house. Everyone knew Jack was our one major asset. I still don't recall him 'touting' him for sale. He said we don't want to lose him but we may have to face reality. Slightly different to touting him for sale.

So you're now admitting for the first two years his man management was great, but now you think its 'could' have gone tits up in the last five weeks? 

Interested to hear who has lost respect for him and what proof you have to back up this theory.

You don't need my permission for a day off obviously, but relax and enjoy it ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

There's plenty of things to slate Bruce for without picking out his strengths and trying to explain them into weaknesses. 

Not at all. He should have handled the Burton interview better imo and his handling of Albert Adomah.

Imo he is creating a divide of favouritism.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not at all. He should have handled the Burton interview better imo and his handling of Albert Adomah.

Imo he is creating a divide of favouritism.

You can't have an opinion on something like that though? It's either happening or it isn't. And there's no evidence or rumours coming out the club to suggest it is. 

Adomah has faded badly since the first half of last season but he's been a key player for us for a while. Him moving away for a bit of time on loan is good man management. Get him away, rediscover some form and get him back once he's found some confidence. He won't find it here sat on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, London Villa said:

Touted Grealish for sale? Really? It was common knowledge we were in a financial shit house. Everyone knew Jack was our one major asset. I still don't recall him 'touting' him for sale. He said we don't want to lose him but we may have to face reality. Slightly different to touting him for sale.

So you're now admitting for the first two years his man management was great, but now you think its 'could' have gone tits up in the last five weeks? 

Interested to hear who has lost respect for him and what proof you have to back up this theory.

You don't need my permission for a day off obviously, but relax and enjoy it ;)

He focused on Grealish first before anyone else - i.e half the shit signings he made helped put us in that position mostly. If the club was that desperate to sell Jack according to Brucies hysteria comments at the time then Tony Xia would have sold him - rather than his own stake to rescue the club.

But how silly of me, of course what Bruce says is gospel and all hail Steve Bruce.

Man management and turning around dressing rooms are two different areas, however his handling of a couple of situations within the last 5 days have not been that good and I don't recall saying his man management was great?

If you paid attention to team affairs a bit closer you might not get worked up over peoples opinions.

My round..   Pino Colada with acid is it?  ;)

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

You can't have an opinion on something like that though? It's either happening or it isn't. And there's no evidence or rumours coming out the club to suggest it is. 

Adomah has faded badly since the first half of last season but he's been a key player for us for a while. Him moving away for a bit of time on loan is good man management. Get him away, rediscover some form and get him back once he's found some confidence. He won't find it here sat on the bench. 

It is not just about that solely.. but the frustrations as a whole over 2 years of his management here and hearing the same crap as well as seeing it.

But avoiding going off topic and more into Steve Bruce, I think Albert needed a rest more than anything, a few weeks on the bench would have done him the world of good imo, but to try and get shot of him in the circumstances how he did. Na. Not good imo.

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

How dare our manager expect wide players to support in defence and then utilise their pace to move quickly into attack.

I'm not Bruce's biggest fan but dear Lord, it doesn't take much to get the ol' Hyperbole Express up to full speed on here, does it?

So you think we play a forward thinking, attacking movement style?  If Albert’s brother is right.  Albert and I disagree with you.  I wonder how many think we sometimes play with too much of a “defense first” mindset.  How many think that mindset limits our offensive flow and movement?  

and you call that view hyperbole?   Interesting perspective.  

1 hour ago, London Villa said:

Chester was already here before Bruce. In fact all his best performing players currently at the club were already here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He focused on Grealish first before anyone else - i.e half the shit signings he made helped put us in that position mostly. If the club was that desperate to sell Jack according to Brucies hysteria comments at the time then Tony Xia would have sold him - rather than his own stake to rescue the club.

But how silly of me, of course what Bruce says is gospel and all hail Steve Bruce.

Man management and turning around dressing rooms are two different areas, however his handling of a couple of situations within the last 5 days have not been that good and I don't recall saying his man management was great?

If you paid attention to team affairs a bit closer you might not get worked up over peoples opinions.

My round..   Pino Colada with acid is it?  ;)

I think you'll find it was the media who concentrated on Grealish first and rightly so, it was common knowledge we had a £40m hole and who was the one player that would solve it? So answering questions about Grealish is a million miles away from touting him for sale. Spurs never came close to offering Villa that (£3m and Josh Onomah?) 

I've never once said what Bruce says is gospel, but I don't twist anyones words to suit my agenda either.

How do you turn a dressing room around without man management? how are they two separate areas? A happy dressing room is a group of individuals that all need to be happy to unite. I still struggle to see how calling out a bad TEAM performance (did he call any individual out?) is bad man management. If you can honestly say that if you'd been in his shoes after Tuesdays performance you'd have said any different - and lets remember he states that it was on his shoulders - then I'm sorry, I don't believe you. They were woeful and for all of us (me included) who were questioning why some of those players weren't getting picked, it was a wake up call.

Pint of what you're having please mate, you're world seems much more magical. ;) 

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Chester was already here before Bruce. In fact all his best performing players currently at the club were already here. 

of course you're right mate. Because the managers before him had whipped up a storm of happiness around the place. 

I think Adomah needs the competition from the new loaners. It's good for him and thats been a big problem in certain areas where we have been lacking, no competition, so players stop trying so hard and do not play to there full potential. 

I consider Adomah a very good player and we have relied on him alot, but again when there are no others to challenge the likes of Adomah or Kodjia, then they won't play to their fullest.

We have had injuries galore in certain positions, but one thing you can be sure of is Adomah has given his all. 

I mite support bruce in alot of ways but one thing that does do my head in about him and other managers, is that they have there favourites, it shouldn't be about favouritism but should be about loyalty, talent, form and commitment. Manager get it so wrong at times by the way they will drop in form players as soon as they can all because a new guy joined, but has yet to prove himself, in my eyes dropping your players for the new guys straight away is wrong, unless they have immediately impressed during training sessions,, more than what that player as then it's understandable. 

I can't seeing Adomah giving up and good on him too, he now has a challenge ahead of him.

• Like 1

Â