Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hutton looked like he was on his way out but still gave his all and was rewarded witha  new contract. If adomah continued his form or at least half decent form he would have one. But he has been pathetic for the last six months. Hasnt deserved a new contract.

Agreed , since February he’s been poor and blew his chance of a new deal -even though new owners are in I don’t think adomah merits a new deal 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

We could still release him though.

We would have to pay him for the rest of his contract though. If we released him to sign for Boro we would not have had to pay him off. Boro would have done that with a signing bonus or more wages. 

I feel for the guy, I think he is a decent player and I don't think his purple patch was a one off. I think he could come good again but I think his moral is low (before today) and knows that Bruce doesn't want him so is not performing. Now his chips have been well and truly p*ssed on I wonder how he will react. 

• Like 2

I don't dislike Albert for a minute, but

He has not delivered for some time now, but hey, I guess everyone has their views.

Albert's Brother will obviously defend his brother and yes, we can all agree he has given us some really good games....but for too long now we have had some lack luster ones.

Its very noble of his brother to say he loves Villa....but I can assure him, i have seen performances of late that have not suggested that at all.

This is a club that is trying to get out of this division.....there are no free rides.

I know what a performance looks like from players that LOVE villa......sorry Albert, they are not even close of late.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has not delivered for some time now, but hey, I guess everyone has their views.

Albert's Brother will obviously defend his brother and yes, we can all agree he has given us some really good games....but for too long now we have had some lack luster ones.

Its very noble of his brother to say he loves Villa....but I can assure him, i have seen performances of late that have not suggested that at all.

This is a club that is trying to get out of this division.....there are no free rides.

I know what a performance looks like from players that LOVE villa......sorry Albert, they are not even close of late.

He played really well against Brentford, like the Adomah of old. 

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Against popular opinion, TRO, but I do tend to agree with your post. My main issue with the near release of him was that we had just let Green go who would have massively benefitted had AA gone. Again, I’m not really seeing Bruce’s overall logic; not necessarily on the individual player but on the ‘bigger picture’ of the squad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to wond2r about if adomah will give his all. I don't think his hearts in it at villa anymore.

Can you blame him?

You save your boss his job and work your bollocks off in a promotion season, only for the following season the same boss is being an arsehole in most areas and now tries to usher you out the door perminatly!

I wouldn't look into Alberts form this season too much as any sign of a worry that he's past his best etc.

Things have gone on behind the scenes and Albert has prob stopped giving a shit because of Bruce, as I know I would have by now.

From what I have witnessed since July on and off the pitch about Bruce is that he has lost it. Trying to force out a first team player at the 12th hour! - This will not go down well with Albert or the rest of the squad - having already hung half of them out to dry 4 days ago.

We need to keep Albert Adomah as he still very much has it, but I won't be suprised to not see him feature much for the remaining weeks Bruce is in charge.

Appauling management.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can you blame him?

You save your boss his job and work your bollocks off in a promotion season, only for the following season the same boss is being an arsehole in most areas and now tries to usher you out the door perminatly!

I wouldn't look into Alberts form this season too much as any sign of a worry that he's past his best etc.

Things have gone on behind the scenes and Albert has prob stopped giving a shit because of Bruce, as I know I would have by now.

From what I have witnessed since July on and off the pitch about Bruce is that he has lost it. Trying to force out a first team player at the 12th hour! - This will not go down well with Albert or the rest of the squad - having already hung half of them out to dry 4 days ago.

We need to keep Albert Adomah as he still very much has it, but I won't be suprised to not see him feature much for the remaining weeks Bruce is in charge.

Appauling management.

Can't agree with that rigo. Bruce was consistently playing him even when he was playing poorly for a huge run of the season last year. Bruce has even given him chances this year despite the lame form.

Adomah has let himself down. He doesn't deserve a new contract in my view yet. He has to prove he is worth it. Let's not forget he is probably one of our highest earners also so we can't afford to pay him same terms esp with his current form being absolutely diabolical.

Adomah as well could have rejected the boro move and fought for his place...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't agree with that rigo. Bruce was consistently playing him even when he was playing poorly for a huge run of the season last year. Bruce has even given him chances this year despite the lame form.

Adomah has let himself down. He doesn't deserve a new contract in my view yet. He has to prove he is worth it. Let's not forget he is probably one of our highest earners also so we can't afford to pay him same terms esp with his current form being absolutely diabolical.

Adomah as well could have rejected the boro move and fought for his place...

Theres more to this than just Albert playing poor. 

Look at the Johnny Kodja thread, only weeks ago many where lambasting him,, get rid - gave up on him almost.

... Until he saved the game against Brentford.

Bruce's shit man management and overall poor management of the club is on a downward spiral faster than ever.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

He played really well against Brentford, like the Adomah of old. 

For about half an hour he played well. I wouldn’t say really well, and half an hour in 6 months is poor.

I like him well enough, I think he’s got reasonable ability for the Championship, he’s a decent player.

But I can understand Bruce’s view especially considering the choices we now have.

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can you blame him?

Appauling management.

I don't think I've ever seen such a big jump to conclusions as this :D 

• Thanks 1

Missing a small point in brothers rant.   If it can be believed, Albert has been frustrated by the instructions to drop deep and defend.  

That confirms what I have observed.  Our players are hampered from playing with affirmative movement because our manager doesn’t want it.  He actively instructs them to stop it and drop deeper.  

If his brother is not just venting nonsense,  it undermines the idea excuse proffered that Bruce wants our team to play with attacking movement, but just can’t the lazy bums to listen.  

• Like 1

How dare our manager expect wide players to support in defence and then utilise their pace to move quickly into attack.

I'm not Bruce's biggest fan but dear Lord, it doesn't take much to get the ol' Hyperbole Express up to full speed on here, does it?

Â