Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bruce is getting himself the sack.

Getting rid of Adomah and Green is very odd.

Adomah was decent against Brentford but pretty bad in the other games and for the final months last season. Green looked way off the standard. I'm not convinced by the hyperbole.

I think last season we got a lot more out of Albert than we could have ever imagined. The final months of the season he was anonymous and has started this year in similar underwhelming fashion. Abraham in, Albert out- id take that every day of the week. My only concern is our depth now, considering how injury prone most our forwards are. Should have kept Green. I dont care that he goes to Boro either, if his form continues as i expect, they have a player past his expiry date.

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think last season we got a lot more out of Albert than we could have ever imagined. The final months of the season he was anonymous and has started this year in similar underwhelming fashion. Abraham in, Albert out- id take that every day of the week. My only concern is our depth now, considering how injury prone most our forwards are. Should have kept Green. I dont care that he goes to Boro either, if his form continues as i expect, they have a player past his expiry date.

I agree totally apart from the last bit. Never ever rated Adomah, but he had that mad run last year when everything he hit went in.

Sending him to a promotion rival is asking for trouble though. What if suddenly has another run of form like that?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're short on wingers.

Sign 2 wingers - awesome.

Loan out 2 wingers - uh ???

Came to say exactly this. 

Unless we’re definitely signing a striker and he plans on playing Kodjia out wide. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Unless we’re definitely signing a striker and he plans on playing Kodjia out wide. 

Surely this must be the thinking? Adomah wages paying for Abraham another element potentially.

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I imagine...well hope that that's what's going to happen.

But even then, an injury to either position and we're ****.

Alot on here recently have said how rubbish he's been and dont want him in the team, surprised at how many now worried because Boro want him back. Bolasie & El Ghazi are of a much higher quality. May not contribute as high a number of goals as Albert last year, but dont think Albert would repeat the trick this year either imho. Green can be recalled in January if needed. Jimmy has done a good job on the flank before. Depth is a little lacking but if someone said we'd have Bolasie/El Ghazi/Abraham in and we ship out Green/Adomah, near on 100% would have taken that.

• Like 1

Snodgrass was horse poop for the last 8 games of last season (if not longer) there would be anarchy had Bruce had a chance to sign him on loan or buy him this season and not taken it.

Adomah got injured and went off the boil, but I think with a bit of time he would have got some form back, even if he wasn't first choice.

Bolasie could be a injury liability, he is also someone we are unlikely to sign permanently unless we have said screw FFP.

Edited by VillanousOne

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Have to wond2r about if adomah will give his all. I don't think his hearts in it at villa anymore.

Probably because we dont want him. Not willing to discuss a new contract, and allowing him to leave today. I feel he's past his expiry date now, glad we got a good season out of him last year because it seems to be the biggest flash in his average pan.

Must be fun walking into the breakfast meeting tomorrow knowing the manager has tried to shop you to another club and your brother having thrown his toys out of the pram on Twitter..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Probably because we dont want him. Not willing to discuss a new contract, and allowing him to leave today. I feel he's past his expiry date now, glad we got a good season out of him last year because it seems to be the biggest flash in his average pan.

No arguments but we need him for the squad.

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hutton looked like he was on his way out but still gave his all and was rewarded witha  new contract. If adomah continued his form or at least half decent form he would have one. But he has been pathetic for the last six months. Hasnt deserved a new contract.

• Like 1

@GraemeBailey: More on this soon, but believe that Albert Adomah is 'gutted' his move back to Middlesbrough has failed to be finalised. Understand deal was all agreed with Aston Villa that would have seen him released from his contract, so would have been joining Boro on permanent deal.

This doesn't sound good at all. Something must have happened for us to be releasing him from his contract...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This doesn't sound good at all. Something must have happened for us to be releasing him from his contract...

He has got one year on his contract, has no sell on value, is turning 31, has rapidly declined and is on a decent wage.

I think we are trying to balance the books tbh.

• Like 1

Â