Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree he is lack lustre, lacking Drive, showing poor decision making. Generally out of it. He was a passenger yesterday offensively.

With Grabban also sleepwalking through much of the game it allowed Boro to have a relatively easy time of it at the Back.

Albert looks mentally jaded to me, and odd though it may at first appear his position must be being looked at by Bruce.

If  green were fully fit I’d agree but I think Albert is the best available option at the moment and hope he rediscovers his zest on Tuesday .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Tbh I don't think anyone really showed themselves in a good light from an attacking perspective. It was one of those games where we had a plan and it worked but that plan involved limited forward play.  His job was obviously to help out Hutton but also quickly close the pass to Adama from Shotton. He did it virtually every time. He was a really important player for us on Saturday and he did his job. 

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's been a pretty disappointing reversal in form from him, he did put a good ball in in the first half and did some good defensive work, but we do need more quality from him going forward.

It wasn't the type of game where he was ever going to shine offensively. It was clear from the first minute Bruce had told him to get back and help double up on Traore. 

His defensive work was superb. Offensively not good. But like villa89 says he was instructed to do so by bruce and it worked. Pulis I think will try him down the middle with bamford I think tues night.

He is going to try something unexpected 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ran his heart out today and covered his full back brilliantly. Deserves some praise after today

Completely agree. Unfortunately his confidence is not high, which shows when we're attacking, but he gives his all and is an important piece of the puzzle still. We need him in the final.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Completely agree. Unfortunately his confidence is not high, which shows when we're attacking, but he gives his all and is an important piece of the puzzle still. We need him in the final.

think he reads Jack really well and always moving which creates chances. Grabban chance was prime example

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

think he reads Jack really well and always moving which creates chances. Grabban chance was prime example

Agreed. Also, one goal would get him going offensively again, but I'm not complaining.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

If his confidence isn't high after having a standing ovation from the whole ground and the away fans singing his name im the first half then there is no hope.

Thought he was decent in our last match. He so frequently beats his man down the wing.

It wasn't a game where we spent large periods on the ball and clear counter opportunities weren't plentiful. 

Thought his runs down the wing were almost as important as Jedinak's winning of the ball, Snodgrass' intensity or even Grealish's control.

Helped play a part in keeping Middlesbrough out of the game.

On 16/05/2018 at 09:16, rodders0223 said:

If his confidence isn't high after having a standing ovation from the whole ground and the away fans singing his name im the first half then there is no hope.

doesnt work like that. Sometimes your inner self belief can only change by what you do or what you think. Not what others think about you. 

He and Snoddy are due big games.. leave the best for last. He will score in the final. 

• 2 weeks later...

He has been poor for most of this year to be honest, a fairly shocking reversal in form and output. I'd like him to stick around, but equally would like Green to be playing left midfield next season, perhaps Adomah can go back onto the right hand side.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

FH he was playing as a 2nd FB he was that deep and the managed to keep forcing him to cut back the few times he did get forward 

2H was better and got on ball more and was his cross for Grealish header . I still think he has been shafted being moved to the left but overall what we saw yesterday is if can keep him and Snodgrass quiet it leaves the striker isolated and Bruce will just sit on his hands and do nothing to change it.

Agree with the Doctor, his level has dropped a lot since the first half of the season.

Still mad to talk about selling players like him as over a full championship season he'll chip in with goals and a decent number of assists.

Â