Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Love the man, but I can't help but think we saw the best 6 months of his career last season, and he really did drop off quite badly. 

For me - sell as log as the bid is high enough - £5m?

If we went up, he would be surplus to requirements. At this level Green should start every week. He's not young, and probably on a decent whack. Why wouldn't we sell our 2nd choice right winger?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Love the man, but I can't help but think we saw the best 6 months of his career last season, and he really did drop off quite badly. 

For me - sell as log as the bid is high enough - £5m?

If we went up, he would be surplus to requirements. At this level Green should start every week. He's not young, and probably on a decent whack. Why wouldn't we sell our 2nd choice right winger?

Agree. We need to take the money and run. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. We need to take the money and run. 

Agree again , really like Adomah seems a great guy as well but at his age and last year of contract if we can get a decent fee we should take that chance , I also suspect he may be on a decent enough wage (given the terms we gave out to other players signing at the time ) so it will help with FFP to get him off the books 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Times up.

Jarrod Bowen to replace please.

Bowen definitely looked the best in Hull by a long shot and wouldn’t mind seeing him in a Villa shirt, but don’t want to sell Adomah to rivals, cannot risk strengthening them at all. Don’t forget he was our top scorer last season! 

20 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Bowen definitely looked the best in Hull by a long shot and wouldn’t mind seeing him in a Villa shirt, but don’t want to sell Adomah to rivals, cannot risk strengthening them at all. Don’t forget he was our top scorer last season! 

Yes he did have a good spell last season

But generally,Lacks conviction....too tentative.

easily taken out by an opponent with more conviction.

• Like 1

Yea I think his purple patch last year was exactly that.

He might hit 10 this year, but I just don't feel it.  He was poor from Feb last year.

He's a great bloke by all accounts, but he struggles to beat a man, his crosses are floaty and he's not smart enough to play in the middle.  If someone made us a 4m bid, I'd accept and wish the guy well.

He'd probably take a 3 year deal at his current age too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Are you guys seriously suggesting we sell a player that scored 14 goals last season for £4M!?

We truly are a sorry bunch. 

He's in the last year of his deal of about 20k a week. He's never played PL football and he's 31.

How much do you honestly think he's worth?

I'd say absolute max is 6m. And I can't even see that tbh.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

He might hit 10 this year, but I just don't feel it.  He was poor from Feb last year.

He's a great bloke by all accounts, but he struggles to beat a man, his crosses are floaty and he's not smart enough to play in the middle.  If someone made us a 4m bid, I'd accept and wish the guy well.

This is exactly where I am on this. 

Kind of weird seeing a bog standard post by @lapal_fan without any zany ramblings. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's in the last year of his deal of about 20k a week. He's never played PL football and he's 31.

How much do you honestly think he's worth?

I'd say absolute max is 6m. And I can't even see that tbh.

I really don't care about the money at this point. I'm more interested in the goals he scored. You don't just find a winger that'll score +10 goals in a season. Sure Green is a promising prospect, but I'll be amazed if he manages more than 5 goals. Also we've already lost Snodgrass who contributed a third of our goals last season.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I completely agree with this. However it needs to be remembered that his tracking back generally is great, and football these days requires the wingers to do just that. I’d be happy to see him go if a good offer came in because I honestly don’t see him having another season like last year. But, whoever we replace him with needs to be capable of doing the donkey work too.

33 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He's not the future of this side. If we have a decent replacement lined up, I'd entertain enquiries then wait and see if a desparate club comes in with a decent/silly offer on Thursday.

If not then I wouldn't be unhappy to have him for another season.

Green?

Â