Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

On 03/04/2018 at 23:46, rodders0223 said:

Has gone from fizzing in threatening balls that flash across the 6 yard box on his left peg to putting in garbage, floaty,  overhit inswinger after overhit inswinger and I don't know why.

The best cross he put in on Tuesday was when he found himself stranded on the right. 

I can't help thinking that this thing about playing 2 wingers on the wrong side and NEVER swapping hinders us. 

Do you care albert seriously? You look like you couldn't give a shit anymore 

Drop him on Tuesday night. Time to give someone else a go and show pathetic performances get you dropped no matter who you are.

Another awful game and deserved to be hooked.  Kodgia should take his place as soon as he's fit enough to start. 

Adomah seems incapable of beating his man or putting in a decent cross which is not exactly ideal for a winger! 

On 4/7/2018 at 15:22, Demitri_C said:

Do you care albert seriously? You look like you couldn't give a shit anymore 

Drop him on Tuesday night. Time to give someone else a go and show pathetic performances get you dropped no matter who you are.

Jeez. Calm down mate. He's been massive for us this season and he obviously cares. He is obviously knackered and not playing at his best. Definitely needs some time out but to say he doesn't care...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Jeez. Calm down mate. He's been massive for us this season and he obviously cares. He is obviously knackered and not playing at his best. Definitely needs some time out but to say he doesn't care...

Any player has a bad game it means they dont care to some people

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I am very calm. I dont by this knackered excuse, he has been putting little to no effort in for the last 6 games. Why should he be starting? Before he would be running his socks off, not his effort levels have dropped significantly. 

Since he came back from his injury he has been the adomah of last year not the one we saw before the injury. 

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Any player has a bad game it means they dont care to some people

Has it been one game? or 6 and 7 in a row? 

I’m sure he is trying. Just having a rough patch of form, it’s probably more noticeable with Albert as we’ve been relying on him so much this season.

If there was a clear alternative option to replace him, I’m sure we would have seen it over the past few games. As it stands, there isn’t one. Kodjia could play there, but we’re gently bringing back up to speed. Green’s still not ready. Snodgrass is better on the right. Thor, no thanks.

I suppose you could suggest Grabban play there, but I’m not convinced he would be a better alternative to Albert.

He’s had a patchy bit of form already this season and then rediscovered his touch again. I think he will be very important for us in the play offs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am very calm. I dont by this knackered excuse, he has been putting little to no effort in for the last 6 games. Why should he be starting? Before he would be running his socks off, not his effort levels have dropped significantly. 

Since he came back from his injury he has been the adomah of last year not the one we saw before the injury. 

Has it been one game? or 6 and 7 in a row? 

You mean last season the season when he got the most assists in the team? His bad run has coincided with our bad run. Other players have been just as bad, the whole team has. 

50 minutes ago, omariqy said:

You mean last season the season when he got the most assists in the team? His bad run has coincided with our bad run. Other players have been just as bad, the whole team has. 

He wasn't great though last year, and struggled to get into the team at the start of the season. He has been on fire this year until that injury. Now he just looks poor. He looks lazy, doesnt track back to help with defending like he was and looks hopeless when he gets forward. Not sure if its a lack of confidence or he is playing with an injury. If it is the latter Bruce is being a fool, as we need a fit adomah and firing adomah. this one we have seen over the last 5 weeks or so has been rubbish. 

with players like kodjia and green knocking as well we shouldnt be playing adomah if he isnt going to be playing to his best. if he is tired i really do question his fitness 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, rodders0223 said:

Will get back to form hopefully now he doesn't have an absolute lemon behind him.

Hopefully. He is almost unrecognisable to the Adomah of the first half of the season, he looks scared to attack people. 

At the moment he doesn't start in our best 11. 

• 2 weeks later...

Played really well defensively today, top effort , doubled up to help Hutton and still offered an outlet ball in attack , well played 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

He looks too timid to me, offensively.

He helped out AH in defence of Traore......but he can do more than this.

His reading of the game from a late wing position is worrying.....He should be doing better and he can do.

His confidence needs a massive injection, because right now he is courting a passenger status.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

He looks too timid to me, offensively.

He helped out AH in defence of Traore......but he can do more than this.

His reading of the game from a late wing position is worrying.....He should be doing better and he can do.

His confidence needs a massive injection, because right now he is courting a passenger status.

Agree he is lack lustre, lacking Drive, showing poor decision making. Generally out of it. He was a passenger yesterday offensively.

With Grabban also sleepwalking through much of the game it allowed Boro to have a relatively easy time of it at the Back.

Albert looks mentally jaded to me, and odd though it may at first appear his position must be being looked at by Bruce.

• Like 1

Â