Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Showed a lot of class this season. 14 goals for a winger isn't half bad.

I feel like he ran hard and got himself in to good positions and must be commended for playing down the left and still coming up with the goods for a large part of the season.

The problem for Adomah was our ability as a team on the ball and the way we set up, often leaving him, like Jack dropping too deep, or Snodgrass on the other wing, isolated with one too many to beat.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

Ran out of steam in the latter stages of the season but overall he was one of the highlights of the season 

Very much this.

Dug us out of so many holes back in the autumn and winter. We also lack any competition in the wide areas. It would be crazy to sell him imo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apparently Newcastle have failed to agree a deal for Townsend and now are interested in adomah. If we can catch 6-7m for him that would represent a good deal for us.

Adomah is Good i at this level but blows very hot and cold. He was excellent up until he picked the injury and he was pretty terrible after that.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Newcastle have failed to agree a deal for Townsend and now are interested in adomah. If we can catch 6-7m for him that would represent a good deal for us.

Adomah is Good i at this level but blows very hot and cold. He was excellent up until he picked the injury and he was pretty terrible after that.

Problem is he's worth no more than £6m so we'll probably end up selling him for half that as we are desperate.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No chance a PL team is coming in for a 30 year old winger who has spent his career in the lower leagues.

What about a top 6 team? Rickie Lambert.

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good example but I can’t see it happening with Albert

you never know. They will look at his stats and see he has scored 15 goals and got plenty of assists in the last few years. Might be a cheap punt for a side like Newcastle. Rather than spending huge amounts. I doubt we will get 6-7 million. Maybe 3-4M tops

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

you never know. They will look at his stats and see he has scored 15 goals and got plenty of assists in the last few years. Might be a cheap punt for a side like Newcastle. Rather than spending huge amounts. I doubt we will get 6-7 million. Maybe 3-4M tops

Agreed but I just don’t think he’s quite good enough for the Premier League, just very good Championship, we’ll see what happens, it’ll be interesting 

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The Rickie Lambert that was one of the top scorers in the PL and playing for England? Albert has never even got close to that level.

No, I agree. I just wanted to point out you can be 30 and make your debut in the Premier League.

Lambert had never got close to that level at 30.

Edited by A'Villan

I like Albert, but went on holiday a bit early for me......But I would build a young hungry team that build their team spirit together.....and to hell with expectation.

I would dispense with players over thirty......and avoid buying over 27.....just generally speaking, there will always be exceptions.

ps .....but everyone is up for sale.....its a fire sale whether we like it or not.....come on down the price is right.

Edited by TRO

20 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Plenty of rumours that Albion are sniffing around.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sold as part of clearing up Tony's mess.

The price is £40m to them!

• Like 1

Â