Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

It's the same reason earlier in the season the lady next to me was screaming for the 'lazy' Kodjia to be brought off despite him giving everything he had after no pre season and running on empty, 5 minutes later he went on a lung busting run to win a free kick which Hourihane converted to win us the game. It's the the same reason Ayew was lazy despite regularily being the hardest working player in the side and the same reason Benteke was lazy when he was carrying us,

• Like 1

21 hours ago, omariqy said:

Am I reading too much into it but do people think generally black players are more lazy? Gabby, Onomah, Davis, Kodjia, Adomah?

No, lazy players are lazy regardless of the colour of their skin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

In the past that racial sterotype has definately existed - and I think it still creeps into modern perceptions.  However there's two unavoidable factors which exascerbate the situation:

1) Black athletes can typically pack on more muscle than white athletes - it's a genetic fact.  This is a great attribute for sporting roles which require strength and power, but equally that muscle adds weight and therefore they expend more energy moving the same amount as their less muscular couterparts.  Lukaku, Benteke, Heskey etc - all have been brandished with the lazy tag, but it's simply the pay off for carrying the extra muscle needed to perform their role.

2) Again, genetically speaking, black athletes have a greater propensity to develop 'fast-twitch' muscle type.  It's this which gives those athletes such explosive pace.  However, that explosiveness also burns a lot of energy and requires a period of 'rest' afterwards, even if it's a minute or so of less intense movement. 

Not every black footballer bases their game on one of the attributes above - there's plenty of energetic, high stamina black players out there (Kante being the most obvious example I can think of), but you will naturally get more black players with those aforementioned attributes than white players having them, which sadly leads to the misunderstanding that black players are more lazy.

So it's nothing to do with the swagger?

On 2/12/2018 at 16:50, omariqy said:

Am I reading too much into it but do people think generally black players are more lazy? Gabby, Onomah, Davis, Kodjia, Adomah?

Do you mean like....Pele, Thierry Henry, clarence seedorf, Eusebio, Makelele

Nah!

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sorry I don't mean I think black players are lazy. I mean is it a lazy stereotype. 

Sorry.

it sure is a lazy sterotype.....workrate comes from many things, but not the ethnics of a person.

Edited by TRO

Â