Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Read on here or Twitter a few times that we need to sell before his contract is up at the end of the season. His current deals expires in 2020.

I think its time for him to go. Lets face it.. hes losing his speed.. hes getting older.. we wont give him a new deal.. even if we are in the Championship. If we get an offer of 5-6 million.. be silly not to accept it. 

He had a great year last year.. but you have to ask.. can he replicate that? or are we better off giving young Green his chance now. 

57 minutes ago, KSV said:

I think its time for him to go. Lets face it.. hes losing his speed.. hes getting older.. we wont give him a new deal.. even if we are in the Championship. If we get an offer of 5-6 million.. be silly not to accept it. 

He had a great year last year.. but you have to ask.. can he replicate that? or are we better off giving young Green his chance now. 

I'm not opposed to selling him if the reports are correct and the price is right, but the talk that we need to sell because his contract is due to expire is wrong.

He's been one of our best players over the past two seasons and has to be kept for this season at least. If we get more competition in then great, at his age/ salary he probably should be getting phased out somewhat but would be mad to get rid of him this window.

3 hours ago, KSV said:

He had a great year last year.. but you have to ask.. can he replicate that?

That's all way too sensible for Aston Villa FC. We'll end up giving him a new five year 40K per week deal. 

If we can offload him we should, smart clubs sell players before they become worthless but we tend to do the opposite.  

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Let's worry about that when we get there, eh!?

I'm on about a championship contender! You are not even getting there with Albert as a striker!

Important that we have more than one decent player for each position.

Saying we can sell Adomah because we have Green makes no sense to me. If/when Green gets injured or needs resting who will play? We could do with a couple more wingers rather than letting any leave.

If we have replacements lined up then I would be glad to see any player aged 30+ leave. 

We really need a good squad to compete (though it needs trimming in other areas) and no 5 at the back please.

• Like 2

Alberts always been heavily underrated by most on here IMO.

We are simply put a better more balanced side when he is in the team whether that's last season or the season before.

When kodjia or green or grealish or hourihane(I've probably missed someone but you get the point) are played out there they either don't get back to cover as well or can't get up and down as much because they lack the raw speed and stamina.

I know people don't like the fact he's either in a red hot run of form or seems to have no confidence at all but 100% of the time his work rate is there and that's why he'd be so hard to take his place off him let alone sell him.

The problem is that this trough of form has lasted for almost half a year. He was unplayable in the first half of last season but hasn't been that great for some time. It's frustrating because you know he can do better but as a fairly limited player technically, confidence will play a massive part in what you get. I'd consider selling him, despite the fact that I appreciate what he has done for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

The problem is that this trough of form has lasted for almost half a year. He was unplayable in the first half of last season but hasn't been that great for some time. It's frustrating because you know he can do better but as a fairly limited player technically, confidence will play a massive part in what you get. I'd consider selling him, despite the fact that I appreciate what he has done for us. 

This.

I'd much rather sell and put the money towards a young replacement. We need to start re-building with younger players. 

Albert played as an old fashioned right winger for Middlesborough and he was dangerous. He tore us a new one in a pre season friendly before we bought him.

We've played him on the left due to Snoddy's demand to play right sided, and he still had a lot of success.

Switch him back to the right as Bryan and McGinn (if they sign) are both left footed, and let him play in front of Hutton instead of Elmo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Albert played as an old fashioned right winger for Middlesborough and he was dangerous. He tore us a new one in a pre season friendly before we bought him.

We've played him on the left due to Snoddy's demand to play right sided, and he still had a lot of success.

Switch him back to the right as Bryan and McGinn (if they sign) are both left footed, and let him play in front of Hutton instead of Elmo. 

I thought he was pretty average on the right. He came alive on the left last year.

But atm he just looks average wherever he is.

Â