Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Weirdly I don't think he had a great game tonight.

But he got a goal an assist.

It's like I said before, it's similar to when we had Ashley Young in the Prem. Even if they have a bad game, they HAVE to play because they're capable of that one or two moments that produce something.

I thought he was superb in defence. Did more tackling and winning the ball than Taylor. Covered him really really well. Top top player. Love Alby. 

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

I thought he was superb in defence. Did more tackling and winning the ball than Taylor. Covered him really really well. Top top player. Love Alby. 

I think he made our most tackles tonight with 5. Fantastic player, great energy!

• Like 1

Some very good attacking play from him.

And some quite questionable defensive work and tackling. Lucky to not cause a penalty and get carded more than the one time.

Still another great performance.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Some very good attacking play from him.

And some quite questionable defensive work and tackling. Lucky to not cause a penalty and get carded more than the one time.

Still another great performance.

I think its interesting how you identify his defensive work which has improved in leaps and bounds, it has made him a more complete player.....and I think that has  helped his offensive work in terms of Confidence.

despite the 4 goals all our players defensive work was outstanding.

We beat a very good side, who still played well overall with all their best players on show.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think its interesting how you identify his defensive work which has improved in leaps and bounds, it has made him a more complete player.....and I think that has  helped his offensive work in terms of Confidence.

despite the 4 goals all our players defensive work was outstanding.

We beat a very good side, who still played well overall with all their best players on show.

The defensive I mean is his tackling that could have cost him a couple of cards and us a penalty. Very dodgy.

But I agree he has improved his defensive qualities.

Most games you don't expect your LW to be making last ditch tackles in the box but he was there and made them, so very good Albert.

Thankfully the ref didn't make the call this time.

He's got 15 goals this season from the wing!  We would have given our left nuts a couple of years ago for a player like this.  It's not like he just scores either, he assists, he covers, he links play, he runs all day and is never lacking in effort.  We are a better team with him in and he is still my fav player, even with Grealish being breath taking and Snoddy being the man and Grabban grabbing the goals and Chester being a model pro and Terry being the leader we always needed and wow, we actually have a hell of a lot of choice now.

But Adomah is still my fav.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Straggler said:

He's got 15 goals this season from the wing!  We would have given our left nuts a couple of years ago for a player like this.  It's not like he just scores either, he assists, he covers, he links play, he runs all day and is never lacking in effort.  We are a better team with him in and he is still my fav player, even with Grealish being breath taking and Snoddy being the man and Grabban grabbing the goals and Chester being a model pro and Terry being the leader we always needed and wow, we actually have a hell of a lot of choice now.

But Adomah is still my fav.

Well it just goes to show goals can be scored from the wings....yes terrific return.

I think some will know what I am trying to say, when forwards are asked to play out there.....but hey ho.

Edited by TRO

Whether it was a bit scrappy in places, Adomah and Taylor kept Cavaleiro and Doherty quiet. Every time Taylor was caught out Adomah was on hand to snuff it out (bar the goal of course). His best game for us imo and MOTM for me.

The bit in the first half where he just holds off the wolves player, lets the ball go past him up the wing and just races on to it was brilliant. Strength, determination, application, creativity, end product and a smile as big as a house! What more can we ask for in a player exactly?

A great signing.

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Whether it was a bit scrappy in places, Adomah and Taylor kept Cavaleiro and Doherty quiet. Every time Taylor was caught out Adomah was on hand to snuff it out (bar the goal of course). His best game for us imo and MOTM for me.

The bit in the first half where he just holds off the wolves player, lets the ball go past him up the wing and just races on to it was brilliant. Strength, determination, application, creativity, end product and a smile as big as a house! What more can we ask for in a player exactly?

A great signing.

He has improved beyond recognition,particularly with regards to his defensive side....and all the things you mention.

• 3 weeks later...
Â